Simple is Great when it comes to Food

I know that I have previously mentioned that lately my life has been crazy busy. With a full-time job, a photography business (a wedding and 4 sessions in a week time, for example), and house renovation underway I feel that I have no time to eat or sleep. One last thing that I would want to worry about, although in any other time I would thoroughly enjoy it, is being creative with food. Anything that might take more than 1-20 minutes is out of the question at this point in my life. But, regardless of my busy schedule, I want to make sure to feel my best, to ward off any problems or illnesses. That is where Raw/Vegan living comes to the rescue. Fortunately eating healthy can be very simple… It is as simple as making a green shake in the morning, grabbing an apple or a banana for a snack, of anything else you can imagine, and heading out the door.

After staying up until almost until midnight last night, laying floors with my hubby, we were totally exhausted this morning. I had no time to prepare anything… literally. We had a choice between herbal tea or a green smoothie for breakfast. Demetrye made the right choice… and I was off to make a green smoothie. Here is what I came up with (it was great and simple too):

Rainbow Chard & Apple Smoothie

Served 2
· 1.5 cup filtered water
· 3 large chard leaves (stem and all ;))
· 2 Fuji apples, cored and quartered
· 2 tablespoons hemp seeds

I threw all ingredients into my Vita Mix, and our breakfast was done in less than 5 minutes!

So, see, folks, there is no excuse not to eat healthy and stay well. I actually get quite tired of hearing people complain of how time consuming eating healthy is. It might be, if you are thinking about gourmet foods, but not if you resort to simplicity and consume foods in near their original state, with little or no processing. What could be easier than grabbing an apple or a banana? You don’t have to slice, dice or sauté. All you will need to do is bite and chew. That is it!

So… no excuses! Ok?!

Until next time: Live an Unprocessed, Simple Life!