Vegan in Longview {WA}

The big weekend has come and gone. We spearheaded a novelty in Longview, WA--introducing Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free options to the population that flocked to the lake Sacajawea to celebrate our nation's Independence Day. Unheard of? Yes, in Longview! Here the obesity rates are reaching 80% and veganism is still widely unheard of and is perceived as a cult rather than a dietary lifestyle.

We even offered GREEN SMOOTHIES this year!  Can you believe that?  Talking about novelties... I offered samples to anyone who would take one [if I had time for it, as we served literally THOUSANDS of people over the 3 days].  Green Smoothies were a hit!  I even had repeat customers.

We also offered veggie wraps and a carrot salad--both amazingly delicious.  And now the Russian Food booth will be known not for its delicious Russian offerings but as a pioneer of health food in Longview at the celebration of the 4th of July, which I count as a great victory. 

Here are a few shots from our fun filled weekend made up of long days [I think I averaged 13-14+ hrs of working the booth every day]. 






and here I am in action, making a batch of Green Smoothies with my faithful VitaMix
 [photo is courtesy of Bob Ward]

Thanks goes out to everyone who came out to support us!

To all of my new friends from this weekend--stay tuned--I will soon be offering a couple of cooking classes to inroduce you to all of the wonderful benefits of a plant-based diet.