Raw Corn Bisque, Vegan Recipe

First of all, dear Readers, Merry Christmas! I hope that the light of the REASON of this holiday, the life of Christ, is found in your hearts. Of all things in the world that I am thankful today is the fact that He chose to come to our planet, to become like us, to get us back into our Father's arms. I am certainly most grateful for my lovely Savior, my Jesus, today.

I am also grateful for a lovely husband, without whom my life would not be as rich as it is now, and for my family and friends, for whom I am going to be slaving away in the kitchen today, to treat them with a 7 course meal.

The last several days Demetrye and I have been consuming more and more green smoothies [yeah for us during this season], and I had started to make more raw dishes, to bring back that wonderful light feeling into my body. Yesterday I whipped up a quick Corn Bisque. It is totally raw and takes only minutes to make.

To make this wonderful Raw Corn Bisque, which is also totally Vegan, you will need a high speed blender, I use my trusty Vita-Mix 5200.

So, here is the recipe. Enjoy it!

Raw Corn Bisque

Serves 1

Ingredients
  • 3 cups corn [fresh or frozen; if using frozen let it thaw a bit before blending]
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 large clove garlic
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 favorite spice [I use organic Kirkland mix]
  • Sea or Himalayan salt to taste

Preparation
  • Place all ingredients in a blender
  • Slowly increase blending speed to the highest available
  • Blend until creamy smooth, and slightly warm
  • Serve with your favorite raw crackers or homemade whole wheat bread

Enjoy! It is super delicious. If I did not use all of my corn last night I would be heading to the kitchen to make myself another bowl of it right now.

Merry Christmas to all, and a Blessed New Year!