Failed Experiment or a Happy Accident?

It's all about how we perceive the world: is your cup half full of half empty?

I was totally wiped out today.  I could not fall asleep until about 3 am and then I taught two fitness classes in the morning.  After a few chores my hubby commended that I rest.  Being the obedient wife that I am I complied. 

He went off to work and I got bored being a couch potato.  On top of that I was craving something sweet, which is an unusual thing for me.  So, I decided to experiment.  I tried making strawberry muffins, creating a new recipe.  When I was pouring batter into the forms I knew it was going to be a disaster, but was too tired to fight it.  However, when I tasted the batter it exploded my taste buds with day dreams of summer. 

Muffins did fail and ended up in the trash can, but... I whipped up a strawberry sorbet with many of the same ingredients and... I AM IN LOVE! The sorbet turned out not too sweet, just the way I like it.
While I was eating up strawberry goodness I remembered that I had a wee-bit of Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate ice cream.  The marriage between the two turned out to be a perfect union.  Sweetness of the ice cream was balanced by tartness of the sorbet.  Now they live happily every after... in my stomach. 

So, here is the recipe.  [Since I piled everything in [but the kitchen sink ;)] in such a hurry I did not keep track of measurements, so I am gestimating them as much as I can.]

Vegan Strawberry Banana Sorbet
Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp Toffuti sour cream
  • 2 tbs Toffuti cream cheese
  • 1/8 cup water
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup apple sauce, or 1/2 cup apple
  • 2 cups frozen straberries
  • 2 tbsp honey
Preparation
  1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until strawberries get integrated into the mixture. 
  2. Serve immediately [preferably with some Coconut Bliss ice cream ;)] or freeze for future indulging. 
I hope you make this happy accident in your kitchen and let me know what you think.

Tomorrow's Post
Don't miss tomorrow's post.  I will be interviewing Kristen Feola of the Ultimate Daniel Fast and we will even have a great giveaway for you--her recently published book on Daniel Fast, which already topped the charts by coming among Top 50 bestselling Christian books in the United States for January!