Lasagna

My apologies for not posting anything on my Painful Truths Tuesdays yesterday. I was so preoccupied with preparing for my presentation that, although I had a lot of painful topics to discuss, I was maintaining a positive attitude. After all, there has to be something right when up to 30 people show up to hear a topic about Plant-Based diet.

One of the dishes I made to sample was Lasagna. Those who came out to hear me speak seemed to enjoy it, so I am posting the recipe.

LASAGNA

Ingredients
● 10-15* whole wheat (or any other kind) lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
● 5 oz. Follow Your Heart Mozarella (vegan) cheese

Filling
● 1 ½ container (about 1.5 lbs) firm or extra firm tofu, mashed
● 10 oz. fresh or frozen spinach chopped
● ½ cup soy milk
● Sea salt to taste
● Any favorite seasoning to taste (I use Kirkland organic mix)

Sauce
● 1 large onion, minced
● 4 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 medium zucchini, grated (or ½ large eggplant)
● ½ lbs mushrooms, grated
● 1 (26 oz) jar of your favorite vegan marinara sauce
● Sea salt to taste

*Depending on the size of the dish you use.


Preparation

Filling
o Combine all ingredients.

Sauce
o Mince vegetables by hand or in a food processor.
o Sauté vegetables for a few minutes.
o Add marinara sauce and let simmer on low heat while preparing filling and noodles.

o Preheat oven to 350 F.
o Spread ¼ of the sauce on the bottom of baking pan.
o Lay out first layer of noodles, so the dish is covered.
o Top with ½ of the filling, layering evenly.
o Lay out another layer of noodles.
o Spread another ¼-1/3 sauce.
o Layer with noodles.
o Top with left over of the filling.
o If you have no more noodles left, spread a layer of sauce over the filling.
o Top shredded cheese.
o Bake 40 minutes, then let is stand 10-15 minutes before serving.

ENJOY!!!
EAT HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!!