Painful Truth: Where Does Your Meat Come From?

Demetrye and I just came back from a couple of days at the beach. We went to Seaside, OR. While there, each evening we went out for a stroll. We wanted to enjoy the beauty of nature and to mingle with people. We were not amazed at all, but quite saddened, that there was not even one vegan or vegetarian restaurant. We had NO OPTIONS!!! Thankfully we were staying at a resort that had full kitchen inside each unit, so we brought our own food with us and made it fresh each time we ate.

As we were walking by different establishments our senses were offended by the smell coming from them. It is amazing how our bodies have adjusted in the last 2 years. What we would have thought a delicious smell in the past now makes us gag. Smell of burning oil and animal flesh now turns us inside out.

It made us reflect once again on the cruelty of FACTORY FARMING. Many Americans probably never even heard of the term. Let me enlighten you a little bit. For your reading pleasure I will even pull a definition out of Britannica Encyclopedia.

Factory Farming: System of modern animal farming designed to yield the most meat, milk, and eggs in the least amount of time and space possible... Animals are often fed growth hormones, sprayed with pesticides, and fed antibiotics to mitigate the problems of infestation and disease that are exacerbated by crowded living conditions. Chickens spend their lives crowded into small cages, often so tightly that they cannot turn around; the cages are stacked in high batteries, and the length of "day" and "night" are artificially controlled to maximize egg laying. Veal calves are virtually immobilized in narrow stalls for their entire lives...

For those of you who might not easily imagine such conditions, let me demonstrate it for you with "visual aids".



If you still find hard to believe the cruelty of what you see, go ahead and click on this video. I dare you!


Having seen this, I hope you will think twice before spending your hard-earned dollars, trying to feed your family, in support of such practices. You have a choice!!!

I am not going to stay on this soap-box of mine for long, but I want to encourage you to become educated about what comes into your home, into your mouth and into your body.

We all have a choice... but it seems that it is not truly so. The animals, whose only reason for existence is to end up on a fast-food restaurant's menu, do not!!! Now, please do not write me and tell me about human suffering. I know about it and it hurts me even more to see human beings suffer. However, there is time and place for everything, and the fact that I am compassionate toward animals, God's creation by the way, does not mean that I am less compassionate toward the human race.

So, next time you grab chicken breast, or cow tongue for dinner, whether you are eating out or making your own meal, I hope these images come up in your mind. And then see if you can imagine me wishing you "Bone Appetit!!!"

Until next time: EAT HEALTHY!!! BE COMPASSIONATE!!!