Breakfast Sandwiches

I had never adhered to the traditional breakfast items of sweet cereal, bacon and eggs, even before I became vegan. Eating sugar loaded cereals gave me a headache, especially early in the morning. Bacon and eggs were never my favorite. I always preferred to start my morning with either soups or salads. I would then have steady stream of energy supplied through the morning hours and my brain was absolutely functional.

Since we have become vegan I reinforced my healthy habits even more, and now always look to load my body with nutrients that will give me clear mind and an energetic body. “Tired” is not a part of my vocabulary anymore… well, at least not in the mornings.

A couple of days ago Demetrye and I had a wonderful breakfast together. I hope you try to make it and enjoy it too.

Whole Wheat Sandwich and Summer Salad

SANDWICH

• Thinly sliced homemade whole wheat bread
• Dark leaf lettuce
• Tomatoes
• Red onion slices
• Cucumber slices
• Anything else you might want to add
• 1 tablespoon of vegan mayo (optional)
• Sea salt to taste

SUMMER SALAD
• Tomatoes
• Zucchini
• Red onions
• Green onions
• Beans (any kind)
• Sea salt to taste
Make sure to prepare the salad a few minutes before you sit down for breakfast, so veggies have enough time to marinate in their own juices.

EAT HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!! And have loads of energy!