Cosmetics Linked to Future Infertility

A recent study by the researchers at Edinburgh University have shown that exposure to chemicals in the first 12 weeks in the womb can negatively impact baby boy’s future fertility—it can affect sperm production in manhood. Unfortunately, many of these products are routinely used by a majority of women. Some chemicals used in cosmetics can block hormones.

The skin is the largest organ in the body, and anything that is put on it gets absorbed and ends up in the blood stream, ultimately coming into contact with unborn babies.

In the study, male hormones in rats were blocked for a period of time when they were in the womb. These rats went on to suffer from infertility. The scientists concluded that these chemicals may also increase the risk of baby boys developing other reproductive conditions in later life, including testicular cancer. They urged women who were intending to become pregnant to avoid putting these harmful cosmetic products on their skin.

Prof. Sharpe, who led the study says, "There are lots of compounds in perfumes that we know in higher concentrations have the potential to have biological effects, so it is just being ultra safe to say that by avoiding using them your baby isn't at risk.

"If you are planning to become pregnant you should change your lifestyle. We would recommend you avoid exposure to chemicals that are present in cosmetics, anything that you put on your body that might then get through your body into your developing baby.

"It is not because we have evidence that these chemicals categorically cause harm to babies, it is only based on experimental studies on animals that suggest it is a possibility."

If these products disrupt the hormonal balance in baby boys, then doesn't it stand to reason that they could potentially have a harmful effect on all of us?

The natural health community has already concluded that natural, organic or wild products are best. Nature provides everything we need, and putting toxic chemicals on our skin is not going to ultimately make it softer, smoother or younger.

The best choice is for every person to choose natural cosmetic products, not just women who are becoming pregnant. It is such an easy way to become less toxic and improve wellbeing.

The problem is that the study also showed that chemicals in household fabrics and plastics can cause the same problem.

So, you might wonder, where and how you can start improving your and your family’s health. Start taking small steps and progressively change your entire household. I personally no longer use facial/body creams or lotions. Solution was more simple than I had thought possible in the beginning. I found that using essential oils is much better than using chemically laden lotions. I personally use Jojoba and Grapeseed oil for my face, hands, and the rest of my body.

Instead of using shower gels or body washes that you find at most retail stores, I use simple Dr. Bronner’s soap. It comes in many varieties and contains no chemicals.
For make-up I use Bare Essentials, but you can use any other mineral make-up that can easily be found at any health store.

For deodorant I now use Nature’s Garden, and I am quite please with it. I am ordering a new deodorant to try out as well: Herbal Magic Roll-On Deodorant, and will report on my satisfaction (or lack thereof) once I’ve had a chance to use it.

I am in the process of looking for naturally occurring perfume, so I can discard my present choice. Although I am still using it, I always make sure to use as little as possible, and NEVER spray it directly on my skin, but only on the outermost parts of my clothing.

For dish detergent I use Biokleen Dish Soap, and have been very pleased with it. It is very gentle on my skin. I am also ordering dishwasher soap by this company to try out.

For clothes detergent, I will soon be ordering Chinese Soapberry Tree nuts .

For glass cleaner I mix water, vinegar and soda. For surface cleaning I add a few drops of Dr. Bronner tea tree soap.

For restroom air freshener I use incense. For rooms you can use essential oils of your choice.

The possibilities of creating clean environment for you and your family are endless. Go ahead and give it a try :) it is well worth it!

LIVE HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!!