7 Day Detox Challange and Much More

Hello, blog readers!

SO MANY things happened since I last posted on my blog. All good, of course. Having sent off our tax return, I decided it was time to get the SOOO coveted VitaMix, especially after playing with it at our last EHBH Wellness Society meeting. On Friday I even called the closest Costco, knowing that VitaMix comes out there at least 4-6 times a year and offers a discount to shoppers. What a surprise it was when, even before I could finish asking my question, a friendly voice on the other end of the line chirped: “They are here TODAY!” My mouth got dry, my palms perspired… “They are there?” I nearly whispered. “Yes! And will be this entire weekend!” You can imagine what was going through my head: “It is meant to be,” I thought. “This is a sign!” [forgive me my dramatization, but that is how it felt]

On Friday Demetrye and I were going to Blossoming Lotus in Portland, OR with a couple of friends, so we planned to do some grocery shopping at the Whole Foods and end our evening with a visit to Costco. We had such a lovely time at dinner that we had to wait until Saturday to go shopping. First store on the list, as you can imagine, was Costco! I spearheaded for where I thought VitaMix stand would be. My heart skipped a beat when I saw…THE VITAMIX LADY with a whole wall of this superhuman machines behind her! I quickly made my way to the stand and grilled the rep with any question possible. I had her do a grain grinding demo for me as well.

It was so adorable to see Demetrye watching me. He wanted the blender for as long as I did (since about 3 years ago), but he thought that I had the look on my face that he could not say NO to, which works for me :) Having asked my questions, we looked at each other, and, as if on command, nodded our heads and said: “Let’s get it!” And we did!!!

Since then, my smoothies have not been the same! I blended as much as one person could in a course of one day. I made smoothies, soups, hummus, spreads. I ground fresh flour and baked fresh bread, pizza and Demetrye made cookies. The smoothie experience is so much more enjoyable now. It takes less than a minute from the minute I flip the switch on to the moment I can start drinking them, and the texture is amazing! Which leads me right to the next topic I wanted to discuss.

About a week ago I stumbled across a new blog. It is called The Raw Divas. It is absolutely great and full of wonderful information. One thing that impressed me the most was that the owner, Tera, is of the same mindset, in a way, that I am. Let me explain it a bit. Instead of encouraging people to go all raw overnight, she suggests to start with small steps. She is running a program: 7 Day Detox, to help people experience what raw foods can do for them. I was so pleasantly intrigued with the idea that I signed up to do it. I know you probably are thinking that it’s not a big deal for me, since I am pretty much doing it now, and… you are right. However, the 7 Day Detox calls for the simplest of foods that require no prep, or as little prep as possible. The most complex thing they suggest is making a smoothie or a salad, and anyone can do that! So, since I am now armed with a new VitaMix {which is not necessary for the 7 Day Detox} the program is not only interesting but also fun!

I issued the challenge to Demetrye and my sister, Marina, and they agreed that we should all do it together. Just imagine how easy that makes it on me. I even get to sleep in extra 20 minutes every day! One of my friends has agreed to follow the 7 Day program as well, so now there are at least 4 of us doing it together.

Now, is the most fun part… If you are reading this blog and you are either a raw foodists, a vegan, or are just intrigued by the whole idea, I want to challenge you to take the challenge as well. It is only 7 Days! You can always go back to your raw butters, raw desserts (if you are a raw foodie), or to your cooked vegan foods, or back to your meat. All I am asking you to do it follow through with this program for 7 DAYS! That’s it! We started today, but if I get enough people to step up and take the challenge, I will do another week just for the fun of it. So, what do you say?!

The greatest thing about this program is that you do not have to think about what you can or cannot, should or should not eat. If you go to
http://www.therawdivas.com/7daydetox/index.php and scroll all the way to the bottom and complete a form, you will receive several e-mails from Tera, preparing you for one week detox, AND she will also provided you with a downloadable guide that will tell you all about foods that you CAN have.

So, are you IN?