Raw Food Vegan Recipes: Day 2 of Raw Eatings

I missed my alarm this morning! Sheesh! So, instead of following through with my grand plat to make 2 huge salads I ended up grabbing random fruit and making 2 smoothies and heading out the door---all in 30 mins! And I managed to put make up on and get my hair looking decent. I think I deserve an award!

Snacks
So, my snacks this morning [not all at the same time] were: small avocado, an orange and a Roma tomato.

For the rest of the day I am going to snack on: banana, pear and Galia melon [oh so delicious]!

Funny thing happened, though. In the morning I e-mailed my sister, who is doing 30 day raw diet, and told her “I am making a smoothie in my stomach—first down went avocado, later an orange… I think I shall have a tomato in the next few minutes ;)” And her response was: “Let me know when you get to the blending part.” Oh, my! Ha-ha-ha-ha… the mental images of that actually happening was bombarding my mind left and right. I could not stop laughing! That was my RAW humor for the day :)

Green Smoothies

Banana Pear Green Smoothie
• 4 cups water
• 2 bananas
• 1 large pear, seeded
• 1 bunch of dinosaur kale
• 1 spring of mint

Pear Spinach Green Smoothie
• 4 cups water
• 2 bananas
• 1 large pear, seeded
• 2 springs of mint
• 2 huge handfuls [about 8 oz] spinach

Spinach Sesame Salad
Ingredients
• 2 huge handfuls of spinach [yes that is my official measurement unit ;)]
• Mint leaves [off 1 spring of mint]
• ½ red bell pepper sliced into thin long slices [cut lengthwise into about 8+ slices]
• 1 Roma tomato cut in 6-8 long slices [cut lengthwise]
• ½ large zucchini cut in rounds
• 1-2 tbs toasted sesame seed oil
• Sea or Himalayan salt to taste

Preparation
• Toss all ingredients together and let marinate for about 20+ mins
• It is irresistibly good, so enjoy!

The rest of the day I snacked on fruit--no recipes needed :)  I did make a HUGE mistake though--after getting home I had not one, but two large mugs of cacao made with raw cacao [totalling about 3 tbs].  I regretted it all night long [drinking it that late, that is (about 6 pm)]--I was up until 2 am this morning and kept waking up even after that.  Lesson learned--drink cacao ONLY in the morning and ONLY mixed in green smoothies... with a rare exception!

Glass Drinking Bottles in Longview, WA
Now, on a whole different note: I am huge proponent of using only glass containers, especially for drinking and for any hot substances.  Not too long about I was sent a couple of nice glass bottles by a Canadian company to do a review.  The bottle are nice, but the price tag is... well it is unbelievable!  Last night I got out to look for new scales and stopped by Ross... Lo and behold, they carry glass bottles that look almost identical to the ones I got, only slightly bigger, and... about $30 cheaper.  So, if you are in Longview/Kelso, WA and need a good drinking bottle that won't leak from the top [as does my $30+ bottle] head on over to Ross and claim yours for only $1.99!  It is in the same isle as their kitchen gadget section, all the way on top shelf.  You simply can't beat that deal.

Happy Raw Eatings, loves.  I will chat with you all tomorrow.