Raw Food Vegan Recipes {Raw Desserts}: Day 5 of Raw Eatings

I  woke up with no sense of hunger at all. It took me a couple of hours to get there, which put me in a very exploratory and creative mood... for desserts :) [lucky for you].

I snacked on less than a cup of what was left over from Borsh and then went on a scavenge hunt through our fridge. I had plant to make a soup or salad and raw desserts.

A while back I found a way to recreate one of my all time favorite dishes--Okroshka--a traditional Russian cold soup, loved by everyone, especially during hot summer days. Between my sister and I we could probably eat a couple of gallons worth of it barely stopping for a break. However, the "veganized" recipe still had cooked ingredients... so this morning I did not only make a vegan, but also a RAW version of it.

Speaking of my sister... let me digress for a second, I think it is time I introduced her to you [although I do have more than one, but this one is a trooper--she went vegan over a year and a half ago, helped her body heal and now she is doing a 30 day raw challenge]... So, without further ado, meet Marina--the gorgeous lady on the left. Can you see how she is glowing?! ;)

Raw Okroshka [Cold Soup/Salad]
feeds 4
Ingredients
Part I-Hemp Milk
~4 cups water
~1 cup hemp seeds
~3/4 tbs honey
~1/4 tsp Himalayan salt

Blend in a high speed blender until seeds are completely ground--milk will look white.

Part II
~1/2 red bell pepper
~1/2 yellow bell pepper
~1 cucumber
~2 bunches of radishes
~2 springs of green onion, chopped
~1 avocado cut into small cubes
~1 3/4 tsp Himalayan salt [or to taste]
~5 tbs apple cider vinegar
~1 tbs balsamic vinegar
~1 tbs dried dill [if you have fresh-it will be the best to use, then use 2+ tbs chopped dill]
~juice of 1/2 lemon
~1 tbs Veganaise [totally optional and not necessary for perfection... I used it out of habit]

Preparation
~pour milk into a bowl, adding the rest of the ingredients to it, starting with salt, lemon juice, Veganaise and vinegars--whip until Veganise is blended in [if you decide to use it]
~chop peppers into tiny squares, or you can do what I do and grate them in a food processor--quick and lovely
~shred cucumber into small pieces [I used my Mandoline slicer on the finest setting, and at other times I simply grate it in a food processor]
~shred radishes with a grader or a food processor [my choice for speed]
~chop green onions
~cut avocado into small cubes
~mix all ingredient together and let marinate in a refrigirator for at least 30 mins.
~Enjoy!

Now for that Yummy, raw vegan dessert...

Strawberry Pudding
4 servings
Ingredients
~2 cups water 
~1 cup chia seeds
~2 cups strawberries
~3 tbs raw honey
~zest of 1/2 lemon
~1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
~4 strawberry  and 4 mint leafs for garnish

Preparation
~soak chia seeds in water for 20 mins, occasionally stirring-you will end up with a very gelatinous substance
~pour into a high speed blender [and you will need one for sure to ensure you end up with a SMOOTH, seedless pudding!--I used Vitamix 5200 for this task]
~add remaining ingredients [except for garnish]
~blend until smooth and seeds are disintegrated [you might have to use Vitamix's temper to push ingredients down in the beginning]
~you should end up with creamy pudding
~pour into serving dishes, garnish with sliced strawberry and mint leaf
~chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins
~and of course... Enjoy!

Mango Strawberry Smoothie
~2 cups water
~1 mango
~1 banana
~3 cups strawberries
~honey or dates for sweetness, if needed

Tonight we will end with a scrumptious green salad [see yesterday's post for the recipe]. 

I also made a SUPER delicious RAW VEGAN Cheesecake... however, I decided not to provide the recipe here.  I feel very special and very attached to it... :) I am going to feature it in my first ever e-cookbook [whenever I am ready to publish it]  and I thought that if I am going to give it away it will have to be in a very special way... SO, I will give my readers a choice to VOTE on a couple of options so I can decide how to do it: 
Option #1
I will have a Giveaway of the recipe  with ONE winner [I would run a special post for it]

OR

Option #2
I will have a Giveaway of the recipe with TWO winners [I would run a special post for it]

So, drop a note under this post and let me know what you think I should do.  Majority WINS!

Happy Raw Eatings!