Raw Food Vegan Recipes: Day 3 and 4 of Raw Eatings

My desire for food has diminished of the last couple of days.  It is not gone by any means, but I am just not ravenous hungry. Last night, however, I had a craving for bread... but that went away since.

Morning of Day 2 I started off by eating half of medium size Galia melon, later followed by a pear.

For LUNCH I made Raw Taco Soup, although this time I used 4 tomatoes, added 1/4 green bell pepper and reduced water to 2 cups to make it thicker. It was filling!

By about 4 pm I finally down the extra Banana Pear Green Smoothie I made yesterday.

Dinner
Dinner was more eventful.  I whipped up two batches of Raw Borsh, and my husband asked for a crunchy salad, so I made him one of those too.

Raw Borsh [Soup]
Feeds 4

 Ingredients
Part I
~4 cups warm water
~2 large stalks celery
~3 cups white or red cabbage
~3 tbs white onion
~1-2 garlic cloves
~5 tbs apple cider vinegar
~1 tbs balsamic vinegar
~1/2 bell pepper [any color, but I used red]
~3 tbs [or about 4-5 springs] parsley
~2 medium carrots
~3 cups [2 smaller size] beets
~1 small-medium avocado
~1/2 cup cashews
~1 tsp Kirkland organic seasoning
~1.5 tsp Himalayan salt [or to taste]
~black or white pepper to taste

Part II

~1 cucumber, shredded
~1 cup shredded cabbage
~1 cup green peas
~2 tbs chopped dill
~2 Roma tomatoes, cubed

Preparation
~Blend all Part I ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth (about 60 seconds) [I use Soup setting on Blendtec Total Blender]
~Pour into a bowl and add remaining ingredients; mix together
~Let marinate for 20-30 minutes
~Store in a fridge, if you don't finish the whole portion
~Enjoy!  Life is that simple!

Crunchy Sesame Salad

Ingredients
~5-6 leaves of dark leaf lettuce, torn into eatable pieces, or 3 cups of spinach
~1/2 red or orange pepper sliced into thing long slices
~1 Roma tomato sliced lenghtwise
~1 tbs toasted sesame seed oil
~Himalayan or sea salt to taste
~sprinkle of you favorite seasoning on top

Toss all ingredients together and serve!

Day 4
Morning Smoothie
Ingredients
~3 cups water
~3 springs mint
~1 orange 
~1 mango
~1 banana
~2 tbs dulse
~6 oz dark leafy lettuce
~dates or honey for sweetness, if lacking


I had a great workout and followed it up with 1 glass of mint water kefir [I will blog about that in the future].  After that I made Cabbage salad and more Raw Borsh [borscht, if you will ;)].


Cabbage Salad
~3/4 large cabbage, shredded very thinly
~1 cup yellow corn
~1 cup green peas
~2-3 tbs fresh dill, chopped
~sea or Himalayan salt to taste


Optional
~1 tbs Vegenaise [vegan mayo]


Preparation
~after shredding cabbage add salt and massage it into the cabbage with your hands for 1-2 minutes--this will let the juices out
~add remaining ingredients and let marinate for 10-15 minutes before serving
~Enjoy!

In the afternoon I attended a graduation party for my niece--she is smart, talented and beautiful--the whole package!  We all are so proud of her.  Zarina was a salutatorian of her class [along with a few more students].
On the way to the party I scored myself a whole flat of STRAWBERRIES!  I missed fresh strawberries so much over the last year that I think I might overdose on them :)

At the party I ate a HUGE green salad, which satisfied me until I got home... that is when true OVERdosing on strawberries happened. 

I made a couple of serving of a wonderful, refreshing strawberry smoothie, had Galia melon, some raw borsh, and more strawberries. 


Strawberry Banana Smoothie
~1.5 cups water
~2 quarts strawberries
~4 mint leaves [optional]
~2 tbs honey
~2 bananas

Blend everything until smooth. then add 2 cups of ice and crush on a slower speed.  MMMMMM..... MMMMMMM... so good!

Stay tuned for Day 5 Raw Food intake, as I explored the wonderful world of Raw Desserts [imagine strawberry pudding and strawberry chocolate cheesecake.... YUM!]


Happy Raw Eatings!  Drop me a note and tell me if you had tried any of the recipes yet.