Green Milk [No Ham] {Vegan Recipe}

Week #3 of our 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge!

I cannot begin to tell you how much fun it has been to hear back reports from those who are participating in the challenge. This week there were some detox symptoms among some of the participants, which is good. I also heard some weight loss stories [yeah for living plant/vegan foods!]. One participant lost 5 lbs in about a week time. She thinks, and I agree with her, that it was junk coming out of her intestine. She felt a bit toxic this week, so it makes a whole lot of sense to us.

Another participant noticed that her body shed about 3-4 lbs in the last two week—something that she has not been able to achieve since the birth of her last child. 3-4 lbs might not seem like much to some, but it is a good way to lose weight. When you do it slowly and steadily your body is able to readjust and your skin contracts easier too.

More reports of mental clarity came in from people who are doing green smoothies. Higher ability to concentrate and accomplish more through the day. [I would like to remind you that most of the people participating in the challenge are not even vegan and are reaping these huge benefits!]

Fun and Games?
On a different note, my hubby and I went roller skating last Saturday. It was great and fun [I am still learning and it was only my second time getting on the skates], until I fell and landed on my tailbone. After falling I got a small bruise and a headache, but all was well… until the day after. My neck and shoulders were stiffer than a board and I was in pain :( My body was dealing with it the best it could, so it shut off my appetite and I did not eat much. To get my greens intake for the day still I whipped up a monster of a green smoothie—almost straight greens. However it still tasted good. Give it a shot and let me know if you like it.

Got Green Milk? Smoothie
Makes 24 oz

Ingredients
  • 2 cups water
  • 2-3 tbs wheatgrass powder, or equivalent to 1 tray
  • 2 cups bok choy greens
  • 2 heaping tbs maca powder
  • 6 dates
  • 3 tbs hemp seeds  
Blend for 1 minute to dissolve all particles.

This week I am truly prepared for the challenge. I loaded up on greens at my farmer’s. This is $20 worth of fresh organic greens [I probably would have paid x3 times as much for the same thing at a local store].


Want to HEAR from YOU
Are you following us on this challenge? How is everything going for you? Leave a comment and let me know.

Giveaways
If you missed it, I amhosting an Artisana Coconut Chocolate Butter giveaway.  Make sure to enter!

I am also currently running a giveaway contest for V.Boutenko's new book "Green Smoothie Revolution" for Back to Eden members.  If you are a member on B2E make sure to enter.  If you are not yet, then... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? :)  Become a member and be eligible to enter also. 

Contest ends tomorrow night!

Until next time friends: Eat Healthy! Be Happy! Eat plant foods and let your bodies heal :)