Raw Food Challenge: Day 2 Loving it and Thriving

Day 2 was AMAZING! [Just imagine me actually singing it.]

Morning Smoothie
Serves 4
  • 3C water
  • 5 plums
  • 2 large bananas
  • 6oz spinach
  • 2 kale leaves
  • 1/4C dulse
  • 3T barley powder
  • 3T maca powder
  • 4T hemp seed
Brunch was salad with 
  • Spinach
  • Carrots
  • Tomatoes
  • Apple
  • Walnuts
  • Cilantro
  • Red bell pepper
I served it with dressing made with
  • Hemp seed oil
  • Tamari sauce
  • Lime juice
  • Honey
  • Spices
  • Salt to taste
We also snacked on raw oatmeal cookies with tea and a banana. 


Dinner was quite amazing.  Oh, but let me digress a little.

I was making my new amazing raw cookies yesterday, using my old trusty food processor that I bought for about $30 at WalMart about 6 years ago.  I had thought about upgrading for a while, but... it was still working. I could not just abandon my friend... Today I was happily munching on the cookie when I bit into a piece of plastic that came off the blade.  It was time to upgrade!


Today, after a workout and a walk around the lake, Demetrye and I were enjoying the weather and... incidentally stopped by WalMart, where I found myself a new friend!  I paid only $50 for it and could not wait to get home to try it. I know that many, especially the raw foodies, swear by Cusinart, but let me tell you--I tried it and I tried my new GE food processor and I would never spend $200 on a Cusinart  processor. It has only two speeds, whereas my old trusty blender and my new GE have several settings, and the GE model has the ability to knead dough.  I am in love!

So, armed with the new processor [mind you I ended up with three cuts while figuring it out], I shredded veggies to make more fermented veggies, and whipped up an amazing salad, all in a matter of minutes.  

Red Cabbage Salad
  • 1.5 medium head of read cabbage, shredded
  • 2 medium zucchinis
  • 1 cup chopped cilantro, chopped
  • 1 cup green onions, chopped
  • 3 cups green peas
  • 1 cup walnut pieces
  • 3T hemp seed oil
  • Himalayan salt to taste
  • 1 apple chopped
  • slices of avocado served on a side
Take shredded cabbage and sprinkle with salt.  Massage with your hands until juices start coming out.  Add remaining ingredients, mix and let is sit for 15-20 minutes.  Serve and enjoy!

But, that's not all! We also had dessert! Very simple and delicious.


Chocolate Cream Bananas

Peel and freeze 5 bananas for 1-2 hours

  • Soak 1-1.5C of cashews for 1-2 hours
  • Rinse and place in a blender
  • Add 1/3C water
  • 2T coconut oil
  • 3T raw cacao
  • 2T raw honey
  • pinch of salt

Blend until smooth.  Pour over half-frozen bananas and enjoy this amazingly guiltless dessert.

I was full of energy all day long.  The rest of the week is looking promising.  Can't wait to play with my new toy more.  


Don't miss tomorrow's post--the big reveal is coming up.  On Tuesday, to celebrate the big reveal, I will be hosting another amazing giveaway. 

Have you been following the challenge? How has it been going for you?