Raw Vegan Challenge: Day 1 Report [or Day 0]

So you've heard that my hubby issued an all raw 7-day Challenge. We both were excited and up for it... semi-prepared and eager.  Yes, we were semi-prepared.  Being away from home with an insufficient amount of raw food is not an easy way to meet our goal.  We overestimated how much we could accomplish this way.  I had sessions at the business conference from 8 am to 9 pm, so there was no time to get out and get anything fresh to eat.  We ended up having to incorporate some cooked foods provided at the conference yesterday, but as minimally as possible. We will have to officially start our ALL RAW food intake today, since we are heading home at noon. 

Meanwhile, here is what we had yesterday.

Wheat Grass Green Smoothie [taken throughout the day]
yielded 50 oz
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 pears
  • 1 large ripe mango
  • 2T maca powder
  • 2T wheat grass powder
  • 3 purple kale leaves
  • 2-3 chard leaves
Lunch and Afternoon Snack
Huge green salad topped with avocado, beans and rice

Dinner/Late Snack
Even a bigger green salad with wild rice and some fruit

So, we were still able to tremendously up our greens intake.  My body loved it.  I was craving greens all day long, and thankfully brought enough spinach with me to indulge. 

Beginning of Day 2
This morning we already started our day all raw [deliciously raw].

Spinach/Banana Smoothie
  • 2-3C water
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 5oz spinach
  • 2T barley grass powder
  • 2T maca powder
Smoothie was great, but a tad sweet for my taste, so I added a dash of Himalayan salt to mine [yes I did, sue me if you don't like it ;)].

Today I am planning to rev it up and live it up! The Challenge is on! I am hoping I will have enough time to get home and make some deliciously raw cookies

Tomorrow I will be blogging a guest post by Kristen of Kristen's Raw--a truly amazing story of how raw foods can heal our bodies! You would not want to miss it!

How about you? How did you fare?