Mango Green Smoothie Recipe, Kombucha and Raw Chocolate

Good morning, world!

Today we kicked off our 3-Day Green Smoothie challenge! I will keep you all posted on how we are doing.

Green Smoothie Recipe

If you did not get in on the 3-day or 30-day challenge but are still looking for good green smoothie recipes, try this delicious smoothie—I made it this morning for myself and the family

Mango Banana
Makes ~50 oz. [serves 3+ people if served at ones]
• 3 cups water
• 1 large mango [it is organic, you can eat the skin too, or peel it]
• 1-2 ripe bananas
• 4-6 oz beet greens
• 4-6 oz dark leaf lettuce
• 3 tbs chia seeds*
• 3 tbs dulse [if making for one person, reduce to 1-1.5 tbs]*

*optional

Blend until smooth and enjoy. I did not need any sweetener, but if you must, you can add dates or raw honey, or whatever else you might fancy.

Tip: Did you know that you can add a clove of garlic to your smoothie? Sounds weird but adds a whole new tasty dimension to smoothies!!!

Kombucha Adventures

I have also been fermenting kombucha and recently bottled some for extra fizz. Today, I ground up 1 whole mango [minus the seed and the skin] and then mixed it with ~50 oz. of kombucha. It made the most delicious mango kombucha! A bit tangy, fizzy and just right on sweetness. There is nothing tastier than being healthy!!!

12 oz of Mango Kombucha was my breakfast, and interestingly, I am not even hungry yet! [By now I sometimes would have had breakfast and a snack. However each day is different.]

[Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that is extremely beneficial used as probiotics to us.]

Delicious Product Review

Recently I received a little box of super deliciousness from the folks at Fine and Raw—makers of raw vegan chocolate.

Please watch this 2 minute video to see what my family thought about it.
[If you get my posts through e-mail/RSS feed, you can click on this link to watch it.]

The chocolate was heavenly, especially to perfectly soft and creamy bonbons… I did not want to stop eating mine, before I had to share with my hubby. The mesquite and blueberry bars were tasty also, but not as smooth and creamy. So, my vote goes to the glorious bonbons.

These chocolates would make perfect party or wedding favors for vegans and non-vegans alike. After all, most of us like chocolate in one form or another. Just imagine laying a box of perfection next to your guests’ plates!!!

If you have a little money to splurge, head on over to Fine and Raw and order yourself a box of raw chocolate! You will love it.

Enjoy your lovely day!

Question: How much are you willing to pay for GOOD chocolate?

[Don’t forget to enter the Green for Life book giveaway!!!]