Vegan Munchies All Around {Potatoes and Tomatoes Rule}

Over the weekend hubbster and I hit a couple of produce stands and scored fresh tomatoes and potatoes, which naturally led to a week filled with those ingredients. 

Growing up overseas these two were a favorite of my family, along with onion, bell peppers and other yummy fresh foods.  The love affair with potatoes and tomatoes started so early in my life that I don't think I could ever get over it. 

When I first got married I discovered that hubby was not a huge fan of tomatoes.  At first I could not understand why, but eventually it made sense to me--the only tomatoes he ever tried were the ones sold in stores, which are always half unripened and crunchy, lacking any flavor or aroma.  I totally understood his dilemma.  So, I set out on a mission to change his mind [as I did with many other things ;) and foods]. 

When we lived in Florida I found a fresh produce stand which sold the most amazing ripe tomatoes I encountered since moving to the US.  I loaded up on tomatoes and prepped 4 different dishes with them.  Ever since them my hubby became a tomato lover. 

Here are a couple of ways you can combine both: potatoes and tomatoes.

Mashed potatoes with creamed mushrooms, asparagus and sliced tomatoes, garnished with green onions.
Roasted potatoes with tomato salad made with Veganaise, served with home-made fries sauce: equal amounts of ketchup and Veganaise [vegan mayo] mixed together.
Both meals take very little prep time and will sure be a hit with your whole family.

Enjoy!