Falling in Love and Chocolate Turtles

The last couple of weeks=whirlwind!  Great news, though--I finally got the confirmation about passing my AFAA exam!!! WOOOT!  I also met with a few local gyms and it looks like I will starting teaching my crazy version of super power yoga VERY soon [details later].  So, if you are in/around Columbus OH metro area and need to challenge your body to the next level, while having fun, you have to come out and work out with me!!!   On that note I also have to give you heads up: I will soon be starting a brand spanking new blog that will be centered not just around awesome vegan foods but fitness as well.  So, stay tuned!

Yesterday Demetrye and I were on the side of town [Reynoldsburg OH] where we used to live, and where we got engaged.  He took me to the restaurant where we went after he proposed... and put a ring on my finger.  It was not the food that drew us there, but the memories.  And... it was worth it!  Food was ok, we ended up ordering veggie burgers with fries.  The burger itself was ok, but the white bread bun and the fries... not so much [I am seeing more green smoothies in my very near future]. But the memories... the memories were great! 

I kept snapping pictures and the waitress told us that I remind her of her mother because of it [just imagine her tip getting smaller because of that ;)... (just joking!)], so I had to explain to her why I was doing it... which melted her completely :)
[don't mind my hubby's crazy eyes... he is loco like that for me ;)]
[the pic in the top row/middle is hubster's interpretation of the all-seeing eye :), and of me at the bottom--my interpretation of the world's strongest craziest woman holding up that cement wall]

After dinner we went out to shop and got me a fabulous little purple dress... which I will have to model sometimes and post here.  

Forward to this morning.  We got up very early and headed off to Canal Winchester's farmer's market... which was canceled, much to our disappointment.  But that did not stop us.  We hit a couple of farmer stores and gathered some fresh goodies: 

Then we went to a couple of Half Price Books stores, where I scored 3 of fabulous fitness books--more material for me and tons of great poses to incorporate into upcoming Power Yoga classes! [Hello, my name is Elena and I am a book addict. :)]

Needless to say I was wiped out.  While my hubby went off for a work out, I made myself Chocolate Turtles--so delicious and so simple to make, and total comfort food. 

I did not keep any specific proportions, since I did not have much chocolate, but here is the recipe:

Chocolate Turtles
  • large handful chocolate chips [vegan/organic]
  • 1-2 tbs water
  1. warm up a pan/skillet with these ingredients and stir until melted
  2. quickly add:
  • handful of soaked/dehydrated almonds
  • handful of soaked/dehydrated walnuts
  • handful of raisins
  • pinch of salt
      3.   turn off heat
      4.   mix all ingredients and lay out in clusters on slightly greased pan/dish or wax paper
      5.   place in a freezer for 10-15 mins

Enjoy!

I hope you also had a fun, memory filled weekend!