My Amazing Morning {Bible, Power Yoga and Green Smoothie}

I am loving the weather in Ohio.  It is sunny and mild.  Since I am temporary staying home to take care of the household [unpacking, paperwork, etc] I have the luxury to sleep in a little and then indulge in a slow morning routine: reading my Bible, drinking a green smoothie and exercising. 

Today was fabulous!  I feel so refreshed and ready for the day. 

My favorite Scripture from today's reading is Psalm 4:4-5:

"Be angry and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, 
And put your trust in the Lord."

Reading and mediating on these verses puts my heart at rest.  God is in total control of our lives and there is no reason to worry about anything. 

While I was reading and mediating on the Scripture I sipped on a Kale Green Smoothie. 

Kale Green Smoothie
makes 4 servings
  • 2-3 cups water
  • 6 kale leaves
  • 2 pears
  • 1 banana
  • 2 plums
  • 2 tbs hemp seeds

After that... Power Yoga!!!  I feel like I have been out of circulation for too long!  Two weeks!  Yes I worked out in between and even went to a Pilates class at our gym yesterday [Lifestyle Fitness in New Albany OH], but it was not the same.  My body was aching to have every muscle and ligament stretched. 
To make for a pleasant workout I went yoga mat shopping last night, with my sweet hubbster.  It was time for an upgrade, as my old mat is falling apart.  I ended up finding a wonderful Stott Pilates mat [although it is pale pink (pink is not my favorite color for a mat)] at Marshall's for only $15!  I had my doubts about it, but once it was unrolled and I landed my feet on it, I was in "mat-love".  It is here to stay!

This morning I needed a little help to get back in the groove, so I exercised to MTV's Power Yoga Video.  It's worth every penny I spent on it :)  Fantastic for a good stretch.    [excuse the white walls and wires--I am still unpacking ;)]
Now that I am ready for the day I am planning to hit a couple of libraries.  You don't even know how excited I am to be back around a place with TONS of libraries that are open until 8-9 pm!  I am a book-worm, as is my husband, so finding libraries nearby us is a thrill!!!  Then I want to visit a local gym and see if I can land myself an instructor job there, while I am still waiting to find out if I passed the exam.
Dinner plans for today: Polenta with Creamed Mushrooms!!!  I will try to post a recipe for it tomorrow. 

Have a fantastic day!  And do tell me how you got yourself up and going this morning?  What is your "waking-up" routine?