CSN Stores Product Review {Alexa L Shaped Desk}

A few weeks ago CSN stores contacted me and offered to do a review for one of their products [and they offer a whole lot!].  They offered a $75 gift certificate toward any item in their store.  I started making my list.

Since we moved and I left a few of my kitchen items back in WA I still needed to replace them.  So, pen and paper out, I am making my list... and then I remembered--I had forgotten the most important item on my list, that for sure could not be bought for $75--a desk!  I left my nice oak desk in WA because I knew it would not fit into our new place.  Once we moved I had to improvise, while I was looking for a replacement--I had stalked a couple of boxes on top of each other and... that is how I worked.  Let me tell you--I was MISERABLE! 

I am not only a blogger [that alone deserves a ton of attention] but also a photographer, which requires a lot of PC face time.  Needless to say that I was not as driven to get behind my computer. 

So, the decision was made--I needed a desk!  I looked through local stores and online until I found what would go nicely in the space we had and still make it look like we have a nice size study.  I found a pretty glass desk.  CSN stores happened to run a little discount on it, plus $75 gift certificate, which left me with less than $100  to pay out of pocket.  GREAT!  

I ordered the desk and by the time we got back from our New York trip the desk was delivered to my front door [just as promised]. 

My experience with CSN, before I get into my desk review, was fantastic.  Great response and delivery time. 

So, here is the desk [Walker Edison Alexa L Shaped Computer Desk in Silver]: 
[no, it is not how it looks in my place--I have way too many cords hanging off it now ;)]

It is really a nice size--not too small, not too big.  I knew that the glass surface would require a lot of cleaning, but it was something I was willing to put up with since I really wanted to have the illusion of more space. 

The trouble started when I put the desk together.  It was not the instructions that I had an issue with--they were great, but my 3 glass panels did not line up in a straight line!  I did not like that at all.  Also, of the glass pieces came unglued in a couple of days.  The good part is that I contacted the manufacturer and they made a couple of suggestions on how I can level the glass panels [which I am yet to try]; they will also send me a replacement for the damaged piece. 

So, all in all, I can give this product 3 out of 5 stars.   I will be a happy camper once all is taken care of.  At least now I am VERY productive and enjoy working in my newly set up study. 

Well, that's it for today.  Keep your eye on my blog--in the next few days there will be a giveaway post! :)