Green Smoothie Recipes and Musings

If you have not yet read about the 3-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse [my Challenge to you], make sure to visit the latest post and join the revolution.  A lot of readers and health seekers have already responded and we will start rocking it out in the next few days.  Don't miss your opportunity to start the New Year off on the right... meal ;)

As I am typing this post I am drawn to the kitchen--my senses are overwhelmed with the most amazing smell of freshly made borsch--a Russian soup gone vegan :)
I am planning to gobble it up with freshly made whole wheat bread [DELICIOUSNESS!].

If you are a raw foodie and still want to taste the goodness of this soup, your prayers have been answered.  I have a raw vegan borsch recipe just for you!  Go to this thread for it. 

I also have to tell you that I am super psyched because I was notified that I won an herb basket from Raw Epicurean--one of my favorite raw vegan bloggers. I even did a little dance in my office chair this morning when I got her e-mail. See the goodies that I am getting: 
There are more goodies coming my way than what you see in the image!  

If you don't yet follow Raw Epicurean's blog, make sure to add it to your feed!

A little too much excitement for one day?!  Nah! I can handle more.  And to share my excitement here are 3 Green Smoothie recipes for all those who love their bodies and want to treat them to the best food out there. 

Orange Ginger Green Smoothie
  • 3 cups water
  • 3 extra large collard greens leaves
  • 1 banana
  • 2 oranges, peeled and seeded
  • 1 inch of ginger root
  • 1 tbsp raw honey

Pear Chard Green Smoothie
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 banana
  • 2 ripe pears, seeded
  • 3 large leaves chard greens

Green Warrior Green Smoothie
  • 3 cups water
  • 1/4 cup George's aloe vera
  • 2 pink lady apples
  • 1 large head Romaine lettuce
  • 1 tsp Blue-Green Algae [by Health Force Nutritionals]
  • 1 tbs raw maca root powder
  • 2 tbsp hemp seeds
As you can imagine, having had these for the last few days, I am feeling fabulous! I am full of energy, need less sleep and up to a lot of mischief. If you want to feel the same way make sure to join me on the 3-day Green Smoothie Challenge.