Raw Vegan Kale Chips {Recipe}

I finally decided to make kale chips.  I have had them before but never made them myself.  My hubster seems to like them and I love to see him happy. 

I had a bunch and a half of kale left [used the other half for making green smoothies ;)].  I whipped it out, washed it thoroughly and... well, let me give you a step by step with pictures :).

How to make Raw Vegan Kale Chips
the finished product
Ingredients
  1. 1.5-2 bunches of kale [your choice]
  2. 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice [about 1 lemon or lime]
  3. 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  4. 1 tbsp raw honey [optional]
  5. sea or Himalayan salt to taste
  6. 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds [optional] or soaked cashews

Preparation
  1. take stems out of kale [the hard part], tearing it into smaller size pieces [you will see in the picture below]
  2. combine ingredients 2-6 and blend in a high speed blender until smooth, or almost smooth
  3. pour over torn kale pieces and massage in with your hands until evenly distributed
  4. lay out kale on dehydrator sheets
  5. dehydrate at 115-118 F for 6-8 hours or until crisp
steps 3-4
Conclusion: we liked the quickness and simplicity of the recipe. [I know that 6-8 hrs does not sound quick, but I am talking about prep time ;).]  It is a more attractive way to enjoy raw kale and get all of its benefits.  I can see making these chips in the future again. They turned out very scrumptious and the taste of lime on the chips was very juicy.

Enjoy!

Tomorrow's Recipe: Chickpea Curry {YUM!}