30 Day Challange

For a while now I have been wanting to go on a month long juice diet. I was particularly inspired by Real Food Tulsa’s blog writer Penni who had done it before, and reaped great benefits. My only dilemma is that I do not have a juicer that would successfully and efficiently process greens, and at this point I am not looking to spend $250-300 to buy one either. I have to do with what I have.

So, what would be the next best thing to juicing? I decided that I want to go ALL raw for a month, consuming a lot of green smoothies, salads, especially green salads, and liquids. I will consume some legumes on occasion, and RAW nuts and seeds.

I was slightly reluctant to do this, but for no other reason than that I now live with 3 other people in the house. It was much easier to do it with Demetrye and I, since I did all the cooking, but things tend to be a bit more complicating in a dietary sense, when you have 3 cooks in the house.

I spoke with Demetrye last night about going on all raw diet for a month and he was not only supportive, but wanted to participate! That was good news. This morning I had a chance to speak with my sister, who wants to lose a few pounds by month end. I presented her with my plan, and she also was very willing to participate. Three out of four! I am excited. I know that I will have to step it up a notch in pre-planning our meals for the week, but I cannot wait to observe the changes in our bodies.

I am not looking to lose any weight, especially since I just went on a shopping spree, and I am quite content with my size 4 frame, although, if my body decides to get rid of any extra excess weight, who am I to protest?! I enjoy feeling and looking great!

I do plan to keep a food journal once again for the next 30 day, recording everything that goes into me. I am not planning to record amounts, since you can’t really overeat on plant foods, which are rich in enzymes, fiber, vitamins and nutrients. This is also timely, since our first EHBH Wellness Society will take place this coming Saturday at 10 am (see details two posts below).

Let me know if you want to join me on this cleansing journey. My desire would be to get a group of at least 8-10 people who would do the same. So, what do you say? Leave a comment to let me know!

Until next time: EAT HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!!

PS: If you are anywhere near Longview/Kelso, WA, area and want to explore whole foods lifestyle or are looking for support, make sure to join us this Saturday! It will take place March 7, 2009, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at Kitchen Inspirations specialty store, located at 945 Washington Way, Longview, WA.