Week 3

If you follow my blog you are probably wondering how I am doing on my all raw diet (30 day self-challenge). I have a confession to make--I am back to my 80/20 diet for now. After the vacation, when I allowed myself to relax and enjoy a bit of cooked foods, I just did not feel like I want to stick with it for now. Does this mean that I have a weak will power? No. Trust me if I could stick with an all vegan and near raw diet for over two years, I can handle a 30 day challenge. I think I just lost my motivation for now. I was a bit tired of getting up early in the morning to prepare meals for 3 people for most of the day, and, since I like gourmet type of foods, and like to be creative with what I make, it took me longer than I wanted. I know that I could throw a simple salad together and do similar things, but I just don't want to for now... Plain and honest.

Does this mean that I eat less than a perfect diet? Nope! Not at all! This entire week I am cleaning out my body with allowing myself to eat only one cooked meal a day, if I feel like it. In the mornings I have a smoothie, a juice or a salad. For lunch I pack a jar of a green smoothie (it actually always turns out to be more than I can intake). For dinner, when I get home, I have been eating soups (cooked). Fruits are for snacks, as usual for me. So, as you can see, I really have not "backslid". I hope that one day I will regain motivation to do all raw for 30 days, for no other reason than I think it would be cool--kind of like earning a medal I could hand on my wall. And one day, maybe, I could even try an all-juice diet (I would start with 1 week, though).

There is one more topic I would like to address in this post. In the last several months I have become more raw than I had been in the previous two years. I have not arrived and neither do I strive to be all raw at this point--I am not into labels, only into better health. If one day I decide to be all raw, of if my health demands it, I will do that... as for now this blog is a journal of my dietary journey.

Let me explain why I feel the need to discuss this a bit. At one point I consumed some soy-based products. I just did not know any better! I also saw and read a lot of vegans using tofu, tempeh, and other soy-based foods. I used such products as our transition food. So, when you look at my blog, you will find some recipes with soy products in them.

As of at least 3 months ago, I completely cut out soy of my and my husband's diet. After doing more research and observing how my body reacted to it, I could not find any need or justification for using it. I recently met someone who used one of my tofu recipes from this blog. Someone told the person that soy is not good for most people. She told them that Elena (me) had it on her blog and that's why she made it. I had to explain myself, telling her what you've just read in the last two paragraphs. But I also had to let her and all of my readers know, that I am not planning to go back and delete all of those recipes. This blog is a record of my journey--I prefer not to delete any data. When you read it, start with my latest revelations/entries, and it will be easier for you to understand my old posts and recipes and make a good judgement.

Having said that, if you follow my blog, I would like to thank you. Thank you for your time and trust. I work hard to prove myself worthy of it.

Have a healthful day!