Day 5

I was a bit under the weather for a couple of last days. Unfortunately for me I could not take any time off work until today to let my body rest. Fortunately for me I know enough to help my body fight viruses in a very short period of time.

A couple of days ago my throat felt a bit scratchy. I made sure to include more greens into my daily intake and lots of fluids. I woke up barely able to speak for a couple of days. I was helping to organize an event at my job, which required me to push my vocal cords to the limit. By the end of the day I could barely me a hissing-like sound.

This morning I slept in, giving my body ample time to rest. Upon getting up I did not feel hungry, which it quite normal when your body is fighting. I finally made myself a Celery Juice... Oh, it is not as bad as it sounds--it was very good actually. However it was not pure celery. By the time I took the picture (only minutes after making it), it looks like some of the ingredients separated, but I can assure you that it is purely delicious.

Celery & Apple Juice
Ingredients
  • Celery
  • Apples (try to get Grannie Smith or Fuji apples, since they are juicer)
  • Pineapple
  • Lemon
The juice was delicious--our entire family enjoyed it. Even my Mom did not say NO to a second serving.

The rest of the day I consumed: "Taco" salad (dark lettuce leaves chopped and covered with freshly made salsa and ground beans); soup made from juicing pulp with chopped tomatoes and potatoes (everything was raw, except for potatoes); and another serving of Celery Juice.

I am feeling as good as new today. My voice is still a bit hoarse, but at least I am able to communicate.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's EHBH Wellness Society get-together. Hope to see you there!