Day 6 and 7

Yesterday I filled myself with all the wonderful things at the RAW get-together. In the evening, before we could get hungry, we were invited by our new friends Heather and Claude to their house for blood orange juice, which was spectacular, as well as wheat grass juice (mixed with lime, apples and ginger), flaxseed crackers and onion raw "bread" (I so want a recipe of that! I cannot tell you what was in it, outside of red onions, but it was scrumptious!), along with cashew hummus and almond ice cream covered with raw chocolate. Heather is so amazingly creative. I cannot wait until she starts sharing her recipes either here, on our Facebook group, or starts her own blog!

Today I started off my morning with a very green smoothie, trying to restore my voice, which is nearly gone.

Lambsquarters Smoothie
  • Lambsquarters greens
  • Bananas
  • Oranges
  • Chia seeds
  • Dates for sweetness
  • Freshly squeezed lemon juice (only a couple of tablespoons to cut the "green" taste)
  • Kombucha Tea
I had also made Seaweed Noodles (raw) which Heather gave me to try. I made it with an array of veggies and a miso paste. If was delicious!

After a while I followed that with a cup of chemomile tea with lemon and honey. Before lunch I had a glass of Green Juice.

Green Juice Ingredients
  • Celery
  • Apples
  • 2 Oranges
For lunch I had leftovers of carrot salad from yesterday, and then made a stuffed tomato.

Stuffed Tomato
Ingredients
  • Tomatoe
  • Cauliflower
  • Basil (leaves and stem)
  • Spices
  • Sea Salt
  • Chia Seeds (optional)
Preparation
  • Cut the top off the tomato, clean insides into a food processor
  • add remaining ingredients and blend until desired consistency has been achieved
  • fill the tomato with the filling
  • Garnish with a basil leaf and sesame seeds
I am not sure what I will much on for the rest of the day, but one thing I know for sure--it won't be boring. I've never had this much fun with a diet. As I learn more raw gourmet tricks from our new friends I see no problem to going 90-100% raw whatsoever. Although I still want to emphasize, especially for those of you who are just starting on this journey, and your life does not depend on being 100% raw--take your time, explore. Don't be so strict with yourself that you think you have to go 100% raw overnight. If you are eating mostly cooked meals now, start by going to 50/50 or 60/40 raw to cooked ratio. Then eventually progress to more, as you can and as you are learning more recipes. I would not want you to feel like you have been thrown into a foreign land with no help--you are bound to fail that way and go to your previous diet.

Instead, take baby steps, if you have to. Take time to explore. You will benefit by making small changes on regular basis, and by slowly increasing your raw food intake. It took me over a year and a half to get to 70/30 and 80/20 ratio. I personally do not notice too huge of a difference being 100% raw as opposed to 80/20, except for the fact that I eat more often (those of you who are 100% raw now, do not stone me, I am only speaking from MY PERSONAL experience).

So, start where you are. Work your way up, and even if you remain 70/30 or 80/20 raw for the rest of your life, and get all the junk our of your diet, especially dairy products, and reduce meat intake to 10% or less of your daily diet (although I prefer that you cut the meat out too), you will be so much better off than where you used to be, you won't believe the transformation. Just remember to eat whole, unprocessed foods.

Until next time EAT HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!! And remember that Life is GOOD!