Day 2

Day 2 of my RAW MONTH was quite interesting, and it is not over yet. There must be some kind of law in nature to make you want what you set out to avoid. Normally I don't crave too many crazy things, or think about the foods that I am going to eat, as long as they are good for me. I can go on raw foods all day and never think about anything cooked. The moment I resolve to purposefully avoid all cooked foods is the moment I start craving cooked foods. It is quite upsetting, as you can imagine.

Today was no exception that that rule. I had craved at least several cooked dishes that I make that would make almost anyone lick their fingers... But... I have proven once again that I have control over my body and it knows that I am not giving in, no matter the reasons it comes up with.

For BREAKFAST I had a Fruit Smoothie with Rainbow Chard in it. My SNACKS were: apple, orange and banana. For LUNCH I had a green salad with cucumbers and cauliflower. For DINNER I made Nori Rolls, and Kombucha Tea.

I was going to use soaked sunflower seeds to make the paste I used in rolls, but I don't have 4 hours to wait for that to happen, so I used freshly made Hummus. If you decide to make this dish, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

For late night snack I am going all out--I will have Chocolate Ice Cream, made with frozen bananas, dates and cocoa... Eat your heart out!

NORI ROLLS
Ingredients

-Nori Sheets (it is up to you to determine the quantity)
-Hummus
-Greens (I used Romaine lettuce leaves)
-Thinly sliced carrots (I used a julienne peeler)
-Thinly sliced cucumbers
-Cilantro
-Sunflower seeds
-Avocado slices
-Sea salt to taste
-Whatever else your soul might desire

Preparation
-Lay Nori Sheets rough side up
-Spread hummus/sunflower paste from edge to edge, leaving about an inch on the front and the rear side, to seal the roll later
-Lay greens of your choice, a stem of cilantro (unless you want to chop it)
-Cucumber and carrots
-Avocado slices
-Salt to taste
-Add sunflower seeds inside or on top
-Moisten the front edge of the nori sheet
-Roll from back to front, pressing down gently (bamboo mat can be very helpful, if you have one)
-Use serrated knife to cut roll into smaller pieces
-Enjoy!
(It is OK to refrigerate rolls, they are not likely to go bad too quickly)

Until next time, folks: EAT HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!! HAVE A RAWSOME LIFE!!!

PS: If you are near Longview/Kelso, WA area, make sure to check out my post about the upcoming first official EHBH Wellness Society meeting! I hope to see you there.