Raw Vegan Week Challenge: Day 3 {Pineapple Salsa}

Before I tell you about my raw food adventures let me tell you this: I am very excited... once again :)  CSN stores contacted me and offered to do another review of their products.  How can I say no to that?  I am always itching to try new gadgets.  I have even been tempted to visit their dining room chairs section.  My dining room set is getting up there in age and I have to either replace it or find a way to freshen it up... Decisions, decisions, decision... Knowing myself, though, I will probably end up getting another kitchen gadget ;).


Now, let's get to business: The raw week challenge continues.  My hubby, who initiated the challenge, had struggled a couple of times with his desire for baked sweets.  I had actually enjoyed watching him being tormented, because he tries to trick me into asking him for sweets, thus creating an excuse for him to have some too.  Thankfully I am not easily tempted by sweets, and I also have an iron will.  


Last night, as we relaxed, we caught a few minutes of the Cake Boss on TV.  Hubby's puppy eyes made their way to my face, locking onto my gaze: "Would you like me to go get you a chocolate cake, dear?" he said.  I tried holding myself from bursting with laughter, but, alas, I simply could not hold it in. "No, thank you!" I said, nearly rolling off the couch.  Poor guy, he seemed crushed... and I loved every second of it ;)


I know that makes me sound cruel, but this is a great opportunity for him to exercise self-control when it comes to sweets, and... I will reward him at the end of the week with my famous vegan apple pie


Today we had a Parsley Green Smoothie

  • 2 cups water
  • 1/4 cup George's Aloe Vera
  • 2 oranges
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 handfuls of baby spinach
  • 1 large handful curly parseley
  • 2 tbsp flax seeds
  • 2 tbsp dulse flakes

For lunch I made Pineapple Salsa and served it with organic, baked corn chips*
  • 1/2 pineapple, chopped into small cubes
  • 2 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1/4 cup dices onions
  • 1 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 ripe avocado cubed
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
  • Himalayan salt to taste
  • a dash of your favorite seasoning {I use Kirkland Organic mix}
  • 2-3 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
  • 1-2 tbsp raw honey [only if your pineapple is not sweet enough on its own]
Mix all ingredients and serve with chips
*even though the chips that I served were not raw they were still a good healthful option.

I have not yet made any plans for dinner, except that I am making some incredible flax crackers--they are dehydrating as I am typing this post. 


Good and healthful day to all of my readers!  If you have any simple, yet fantastic raw recipes that I could use during the remainder of this week, please do share with me.


PS: I am preparing my next Newsletter edition, in which I will talk about electrolytes [what they are and what to do with them ;)].  So, if you have not yet signed up for the Newsletter, scoot on over to my blog and sign up to get your copy!  There will be a very special offer in it... I promise!