Raw Vegan Week Challenge

My lovely hubby decided to challenge me to a whole week of raw eating this week.  That was not in my plans!  However, I love him too much not to help him--he wants to do it to lean out a little more to show off his six pack.  I told him that I will do my best but did not commit to 100% raw, although I think I will be sticking to at least 90% raw vegan diet this whole week. 

Going raw does not require much preparation, if you have done something like this before.  We went to a couple of stores yesterday and loaded up on tons of fresh produce.  We are READY!

This morning I made Banana Pear Green Smoothie: 
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 pear
  • 3 tbs flax seeds
  • 3 large handfuls spinach
For lunch I made a cucumber salad, almost all raw:
  • 1 English cucumber, sliced on a mandolin slicer, or you can slice by hand
  • 1 avocado, cubed
  • a handful of marinated artichoke hearts, chopped [optional]
  • 2 springs green onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp vegan mayo [Veganaise]
  • Himalayan salt to taste
In the afternoon I attempted to make raw Squash soup and found out that this is one of those foods that I prefer cooked instead of raw.  I am not a big fan of sweet soups to start with [although I seasoned mine with salt it still was sweet], but blended raw squash simply was not too pleasing to my palate.  So, I abandoned the soup for sliced avocado sprinkled with salt and drizzled with raw honey instead, following up with a crisp apple served in the same manner. 

I am content for now, but have an intense power yoga class coming up tonight so I need to prepare myself for after the work out snack.  [If you live in/around Westerville, OH area, come to join me for a Power Yoga workout at Power Shack, located at 6363 Copper Rd. Westerville, OH at 6:45 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.  You will be glad you did because you will feel fantastic afterward!]

So, any other vegan raw foodies wanna-bes out there?

And since I do not consider a post complete without a picture, here is a recent one of me my hubby snapped:
Have a fantastic day!