Raw Vegan Week Challenge: Day 6 {Avocado Veggie Wraps}

So, we made it another day on nearly 100% raw.  It is fabulous and I am feeling fabulous.  The craving for more cooked foods is nearly gone.  I think it is partly due to the fact that at least a part of my food intake is cooked. 

Yesterday, besides our green smoothies and fruit I whipped up a quick Cabbage Salad to go along with an Avocado Veggie wrap
Cabbage Salad
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cabbage, shredded [I used my Mandolin slicer on .75 mm setting]
  • 1 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 tbsp vean mayo [I used Veganaise]
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cups green peas [fresh or frozen] (optional)

Preparation
  • After shredding cabbage place it in a bowl , adding salt, massage with your hands until juice starts to come out
  • Add mayo and pepper, massaging both into salad
  • Add remaining ingredients and mix
 Avocado Veggie Wrap
  • Whole wheat tortilla [you can also use gluten free option]
  • 1 tbsp vegan sour cream [I use Toffuti brand]
  • Sliced onion
  • Spinach [or lettuce]
  • Green [or any other color] bell pepper
  • 1/2 sliced ripe avocado
  1. Pre-heat your wrap, adding remaining ingredients afterward.  
  2. Salt to taste and enjoy! 
In the evening we were invited to a party, so I made a couple of apple pies-one to take with us and one to spoil my hubby.  He was extremely excited, as you can imagine, and was more than happy to help with peeling apples, while watching one of his shows on TV.
We had a great time reuniting with our friends, whom we have not seen for 6-7 years.  The apple pie was a hit and no one could believe it was totally vegan.  Demetrye even caught someone going for seconds and delightfully called her out on it.  They had a great laugh about it. 
[The recipe for this apple pie can be found in my newly released GUILT-FREE Delicious Vegan Desserts e-book.] 

Today I am making Hummus which will be served instead of sour cream in lettuce veggie wraps [same ideas as in veggie wraps, but instead of using a cooked whole wheat tortilla we use dark leafy greens].

I also indulged in a cup of hot cacao made with raw cacao powder and hazelnut coconut milk creamer.  It was SOOOOOOOOOOO good! 

Have a fantastic weekend, friends!