Cabbage and Millet Salads

I feel like a prodigal son coming back home. I have not posted new recipes in a while. It is not because I no longer cook or invent them, my schedule has been so hectic lately, that I hardly think about grabbing a camera to snap a shot of what I am about to eat. I am, however, going to work harder on trying to change that.

To redeem myself, today I am posting not one, but two recipes. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

CABBAGE & GARBANZO SALAD
Ingredients
(proportions are absolutely up to you)
● Thinly cut cabbage (I use V-blade Mandoline Slicer)
● Soaked and cooked garbanzo beans
● Red onion, chopped
● Raisins
● Apple, chopped
● Dill. chopped
● Green onions, chopped
● Sea salt to taste
● 1-2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
● 1-2 tablespoon olive oil

Preparation
● Place sliced cabbage in a deep bowl. Squeeze with your hands several times, to help release juices.
● Add remaining ingredients and toss until everything is combined.
● Salad is at its best when it had a chance to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes.

MILLET SALAD
Ingredients
(proportions are up to you)
● 1-2 cups cooked Millet grain
● 1-2 cups dark leaf lettuce
● Raisins
● Soaked walnuts (dried or dehydrated) or pine nuts
● Red onion, chopped
● 1 cup sauerkraut (optional)
● Sea salt to taste
● 2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
● 1-2 tablespoon olive oil

Preparation
● Combine all ingredients and let salad marinate for 15-20 minutes.
● Add lemon juice, if desired.

EAT HEATLHY!!! BE HAPPY!!!