Gluten Intolerance (UPDATE)

I recently posted about going Gluten Free and the reasons behind it. As promised, I am back to tell you the results of my Gluten test (Gliadin Ab, SIgA). When I met with my naturopath, Dr. Briggs, today, he told me that to be borderline, my score would have to be 13-15 U/ml, to test positive I would have to be at OVER 15 U/ml. Then he reached into my folder and said: "Knowing this, what would you like your number to be?" Well, let me tell you, folks, that one would not have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the lower the better in this case. So, I told him that the lowest reading possible. He smiled and said: "You got it! It is 1 U/ml."

Of course I was excited!!! One less thing to worry about.

Lets consider the possibility of being gluten intolerant/allergic even at 10 U/ml, being that I am at only 1 places me way out of reach of this possibility!

What does this mean for me? You might ask. Does it mean that I will go back to consuming wheat products? Does it mean that it is now all of a sudden OK? The answer is NO, it is not OK to go back to consuming wheat or any other gluten containing grain the way most people do. Not knowing everything I know about the processes by which wheat products are made (you can read all about that by clicking on the link in the first paragraph of this post).

What I am planning to do is this: significantly reduce any wheat intake. Have it only occasionally, and ONLY if I mill my own flour!

Yes, you heard it correctly. I will start making my own flour! Which means that I have to start looking for a good counter-size mill that I can easily use in the comfort of my home. If any of you, good people, out there, know of a great mill that you use/used, let me know, so I can save myself time.

Once I find the mill, if the price is right, I will be sure to start posting new recipes here!

Thank you for your listening ear, folks! Have a great night!

And... remember: EAT HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!!