GLUTEN FREE--DAY 5!

We made it to our vacation destination--Seaside, OR. The weather is gray and it is raining. Thankfully, we are planning to be inside for the rest of the night anyhow, to enjoy each others company.

First order of business after checking in was dinner, of course. I wanted to whip up something quick, simple and delicious. Excuse the images--they were taken with my husband's cell camera.

We had Roasted Potatoes with Potato Dipping Sauce [a mixture of organic ketchup and Vegenaise).

I also whipped up a delicious green salad with lots of other veggies, served with home-made vegan Ranch dressing).

Salad

  • spinach
  • romaine lettuce
  • cilantro
  • onions
  • tomatoes
  • zucchini
We also had corn chips with salsa that I made with my super Vita-Mix that I had to bring along with me, of course.

Salsa
  • 5 medium tomatoes
  • 1/4 onion
  • handful cilantro
  • salt to taste (sea salt or Himalayan salt)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/4-1/2 large bell pepper
I had Vita-Mix on alternate speeds between 1 and 3, chopping veggies without turning them into mush. After getting the blade going I dropped veggies one by one, so they would hit the blade. I emptied the container 3 times, not to over-blend any of them. I mixed all ingredients in a bowl and served. It was super delicious!

We are getting ready to enjoy the rest of the night--all Gluten Free and restful... as soon as Demetrye gets done with a pressing real estate related call [sigh].

Hope you had a great GF day!