GLUTEN FREE--DAY 7 [CONTINUED], with a DASH OF PERSONAL CARE

The day is far from being over, but I felt like adding another post--I am on vacation and away from home, so I actually have time to blog, while my hubby is napping.

After a work out I made a very nourishing facial mask, and even talked Demetrye into pampering himself with me, although the way he was grimacing you would have thought I was torturing him. He probably did it just to show that guys don't do that, but he did it for me ;) The mask was inspired by a post from another blogger. I made a very slight modification

Facial Mask

  • 1 apple (I only had Lady Pink with me)
  • zest of 1 lemon (I peeled mine with a knife and let Vita-Mix blender handle the rest)
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 3 tbs water
I blended everything up in the Vita-Mix, spread some on my face and kept the rest to mix into a green smoothie.

I let the mask settle into my skin (15-20 mins) and then washed it off with a warm washcloth. My skin felt grate and grateful afterward.

With the remainder Demetrye made us a green smoothie. I would call it Facial Mask smoothie, but it would sound a bit too gross, so, I will call it

Nourishing Spinach Smoothie

  • 1 apple
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tbs hemp seed
  • 1 banana
  • 1 big manly handful of spinach
  • if you need more sweetness, add dates or honey

The smoothie was great. After it, we kicked back to indulged in one activity that always brings us closer together: reading. I am about get back to doing some more of it.

For dinner, I am contemplating on making either Ploff or Roased Potatoes again, to satisfy Demetrye's craving, along with a large green salad.

Until tomorrow: have an amazing Gluten Free day!