GLUTEN FREE--DAY 7!

The day is just starting, but I wanted to share our early meal with you today. I have an intense workout coming up so I loaded up on some extra calories. Here is what I made today (for the first time):

Quinoa pasta

Green Salad with Hemp seed

Here is our delicious meal

  • To make pasta, I cooked it slightly longer than directed on the box--I like my pasta soft.
  • I then sauteed onions and garlic with Kirkland organic blend seasoning, blended up some tomatoes with cilantro and bell pepper and mixed everything together, added salt.
  • I also had some of Cashew Ranch left over after garnishing our salad, so I blended it into pasta, and it turned out to be a fabulous Alfredo Sauce. So, now my goal is to jot the proportions down and post it here. But, if you soak some cashews in the water and then blend it with spices it gives you a delicious creamy sauce.
Apparently pasta was so good that Demetrye went back for 2 seconds. It turned out to be a great alternative to wheat pasta and a great vacation meal.

How is your Gluten Free journey going?