Nutritious Dinner

There is barely anything better at the end of a hard workday than a hot shower and an equally hot and delicious meal. A Spanish proverbs says: "The belly rules the mind." I guess it is true at times, that must be why a lot of important decisions are made over dinner.

Demetrye worked a 12-hour shift today, so I wanted to make something filling, but yet refreshing. When I came home after a work-out and looked through my fridge, the two things that jumped out at me were basil and garlic... and I happen to like both of them very much. So a very scrumptious meal was created.

When everything was ready, the only problem I had was that I did not have any bread to serve with dinner. Much to my relief I had bought enough tortillas to make enchiladas last night and still had some left over. My problem was solved!!! I tore each tortilla in 4 pieces, spread whatever remaining basil pesto I could find over them and warmed them up on a pan. I wish you could smell the aroma released by garlic and basil... It was mouth-watering. The meal itself was even better. Demetrye was satisfied :)

Recipes from our dinner are posted below. Enjoy!!!