Reason for this Blog

My husband Demetrye and I are vegan... No, it is not a religion, a cult or a form of voodoo as some might think... No human sacrifices are being made, no strange rituals are being followed. It is only a dietary lifestyle. To be vegan means to consume a plant based diet, which means we exclude meats and all dairy products, among other things.

We are being asked on regular basis about our lifestyle. Once people hear about the reasons why we do what we do, some ask for recipes, some ask for advice, and some mock us mercilessly. I am extremely excited to hear people being concerned and thoughtful about their health, so I am always more than willing to help. However, over a period of time, I found repeating myself over and over again.

Yesterday I received a call from one of my nephews. He found out that his blood pressure was elevated. Knowing what a change in diet had done for us he wanted to get pointers on what he can do to improve his health, without medication. I promised to send him a few recipes, to help along the way. When I got up today, a wonderful, no... a brilliant thought came to me: "Why not start a blog?" Why not? So, here it is, ladies and gentlemen, my new blog.

Over period of time I will be adding not only recipes, but fitness tips as well. You can read the entire story of why we became vegan. So, make sure to check back in.

In words of the host of our favorite show Iron Chef America, Elton Brown: I bid you good eatings!!!