Coconut Oil Solutions: Satisfied Customer

A few days ago my niece [she refers to herself as my customer ;)] sent me a text message [yes, those are family benefits—I am only a text away and am always at her fingertips…literally]. Here is what she told me:

“I developed some kind of rash on my face and neck two days ago. The only thing I changed about my facial care is I used acne soap with Shea butter, and L’oreal’s day moisturizer. I stopped right after the rash appeared, and now use only Mary Kay. The rash looks like little bumps, and is dry. It is really wigging me out! “ [What you also might want to know is that she is going to be in a wedding next week, so she was truly freaking out.]

My advice to her: get rid of every single thing that you have been using for facial care, including Mary Kay, and switch to either Almond or Coconut oil. I personally use cold pressed organic coconut oil as my facial and all over moisturizer. The benefits are immense.

First of all, our skin is the largest organ of our body. Whatever goes on it goes DIRECTLY into your blood stream. Blood flows EVERYWHERE! If you are using chemically laden facial products that are stored in plastic containers you are sending all of those chemicals to every single organ in your body, stressing and polluting it. I cannot even begin to tell you the side effects you are mounting with commercially sold products.

When I made the decision to change to a completely UNPROCESSED lifestyle, it, naturally, included personal care products. I changed my soaps, body wash, detergents, lotions, make up, etc. and became CHEMICAL FREE! My skin is doing better than ever!

I tried a few different oils for my face and settled on Organic Coconut oil for a couple of reasons: it is very light on my skin, it does not feel greasy at all, it is easily absorbed, and my body loves it! It is a food item [coconut], so when it gets into my blood steam it is easily absorbed and processed.

So, with my advice at her fingertips, my niece ventured to find some coconut oil at her friend’s house. It was organic, it was cold pressed and it came in a GLASS jar. Only two days later she e-mailed me with this:

“Thanks for telling me about the organic coconut butter. Man, my skins never looked purer. And it feels nice! It's just the right amount of oils for my face to keep it hydrated. And it DOESN'T take much! I'm really excited about this! I LOVE it when my face is not bumpy or funky.
Signed,
Happy Costumer AM.”

I am SO excited for her—no one should feel “funky” about their skin, especially facial skin. And it cost her only pennies compared to what she would otherwise pay for her skincare [you can get a 12-16 oz. jar for $10-$13. Try finding that much product for that little with Mary Kay or L’oreal!]

I am sure that by now you want to know which Coconut Oil she used. She used Spectrum—one of more widely sold brands. I am currently using 365 brand [Whole Foods in-house brand]. However, in the next couple of weeks I am going to do a review and a giveaway of a couple of other coconut oil brands, so stay tuned. It just might be your ticket to free skin care for a few months ;).

By the way, the coolest part of using coconut oil for skin care is that you can eat it too ;)!

Have a great day, and remember to live an UNPROCESSED LIFE!

Question of the Day: what kind of skin care products do you use [chemical and animal free] that transformed your skin health?