Vegan Ice Cream Wars

The last weekend was spent on remodeling Mom's house [the saga continues ;)], and we all needed a treat. For my sister and my hubby it meant chocolate chip cookies [those of you who are coming to my Cooking Class next week will get once in a lifetime chance to sample these ;)--it is a super secret recipe and you might even have to sign in blood not to divulge it to anyone, not even under a threat of death :)]

The cookies stood no chance of surviving OR cooling off with Demetrye [see his hand sneaking in while I was taking a shot?].

For me it was eating a pint [don't worry, I was unable to finish the whole pint all at once] of my favorite ice cream: Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate. The interesting part is that I am not huge on sweets--never have been, never will be. Once, however, when Demetrye and I were on vacation in Bend, OR, I craved something sweet. He went out to get me a pint of Purely Decandent Peanut Butter Zig Zag, but confused it with Coconut Bliss... well, the rest is history--once I went CB I never wanted to go back! The ice cream is so rich and smooth, and has so few ingredients that I never have any sense of guilt treating myself to even a full pint in one setting... but don't let me get ahead of myself.

Demetrye, I love him so, still sticks to his first love: PD Peanut Butter Zig Zag. And so the war, the struggle between whose ice cream is better, continues. One good thing about it is that we don't have to share.

So, this weekend we went to the grocery store: he got his treat...

...and I got mine [the cookie did prove to be too much for me]....
Well, today I can tell you that my Ice Cream is a huge winner! Amazing folks at Coconut Bliss are sending me some samples to enjoy for a review AND something to give away to a lucky winner. But, I am not going to spill all of my beans yet and make you wait until next week.

Why next week? I want to reward the amazing ladies/guys that are coming out to my cooking class, of course! They will be sampling Coconut Bliss with me! My treat! ;) Then I will post THEIR review along with mine and will do a giveaway. Aren't you excited yet?

Stay tuned!

Now I have to give a quick shout out to my hubby. I was not feeling all too well today and had to come home. My lovely hubby came home after a work out with these in his hands...

Isn't he the best?!

Question of the day: Do you have a favorite VEGAN, Chemical FREE dessert that you feel strongly about? Do share, because I might want to try!