Chickpea Potato Salad

As I mentioned in my previous post, Demetrye and I visited Darlene and her family. One of the dishes she made was absolutely delicious, and I really had to know how she made it. Unfortunately for me, Darlene does not use measures, she just eyeballs her ingredients. Fortunately for me, I do the same, so, most of the times, I can recreate most of the dishes, if I know what goes into them.

Darlene was kind enough to give me the list of ingredients for her chickpea salad. Since I did not have some of the ingredients, I substituted them with my own. Please enjoy!!!

CHICKPEA POTATO SALAD
Ingredients
● 1 cup celery, chopped
● 1 cup red onion, chopped
● 1 can (15-16 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained*
● 3 cups boiled potatoes, cubed (about 6-7 medium size potatoes)
● 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
● 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
● 4 tablespoons olive oil
● 2 tablespoons mustard**
● Sea salt to taste
● 1-2 teaspoons all purpose seasoning (I used Kirkland’s organic blend)

*if you have soaked chickpeas, use them instead. They have more nutrients, since they had not been cooked.
**you can use mustard powder, if you have it. If you do, you might add a little more lemon juice and olive oil to make salad moist.


Preparation
● Mix all ingredients together.
● Let the salad sit at least 30-60 minutes, so all ingredients have the opportunity to marinate a little.
● Chill before serving.

EAT HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!!