Rhubarb Tart

I am a big proponent of RAW foods, but once in a while I still get a craving for baked sweets, although on a regular day I prefer a salad over dessert any time. To satisfy these cravings I come up with healthier and tastier alternatives. Recently I came across a recipe that looked super delicious. With a couple of tweaks it is now in my absolute favorite category. I guarantee that it will be your favorite as well.

This was my first time making this dessert. Next time, instead of making it in a big dish, I am planning to make it in individual serving sizes.

RHUBARB TART


Ingredients
Filling
● 6 cups chopped rhubarb, 1/4 inch or so
● 1 cup berries of your choice*
● Zest of 1 orange, grated
● 1 tsp. cinnamon
● ½ tsp. ground cardamom
● 1/3 cup wheat flour
● ¾ cup unbleached cane sugar
*optional

Topping
● 1 cup flour (white or wheat, or half and half)
● ½ cup oats
● ½ cup sliced and crumbled pecans
● 3/4 cup brown sugar
● pinch of salt
● 1/4 cup+ olive oil

Preparation
● Preheat oven to 375ยบ.
● Oil a large baking dish or several individual dishes.
● In a bowl toss together filling ingredients until well coated.
● Transfer to prepared baking dish.
● In same mixing bowl toss together topping ingredients until well combined.
● The topping should hold together when firmly squeezed; if not, add a bit more oil. Sprinkle topping on fruit and press down to completely cover.
● Bake 30 minutes.
● Serve warm.
ENJOY!!!