Ice Cream!!!

Last night Demetrye and I visited with our new friends: Darlene, Eric and Wyatt. Darlene made lots of wonderful dishes, among which was a great tasting raw strawberry pie. As she was about to serve the pie to us, she mentioned that it might taste great with banana ice cream. I am personally not big on ice creams to start with. I had tasted vegan ice cream alternatives, which are OK, but had never impressed me enough for me to spend money on them. So, when Darlene mentioned ice cream, I did not jump out of my seat to ask for any... until she mentioned how she makes it. The recipe was so easy, the results were so delicious that I kept thinking: "How did I never think about this?"

To make ice cream, Darlene freezes bananas and other fruits, and them simply sends them through a juicer: I had devoured my portion of ice cream and by the time we got back home I was craving more. Unfortunately we did not have any bananas at home. Today I went to a grocery store and bought enough bananas to make several batches of ice cream! Tonight I mixed my bananas with raspberries, being that raspberries are my favorite berries. Yes, I did end up chewing up the little seeds too, but I did not mind. I do not have a juicer, but food processor worked just as well.

So, here is my recipe, taken from Darlene's idea (thank you, thank you, thank you). You can use any berries you like, mix them up with bananas. Proportions are up to you. I know that the next time I make ice cream for myself, which might be as early as tomorrow, I will add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice for a little kick.

BANANA ICE CREAM

Ingredients
● 2 ½ frozen bananas
● 1 cup frozen raspberries

Preparation
● Blend fruits in a blender or food processor, or ice cream maker or juicer (so many options) until smooth.
● Serve immediately.

EAT HEALTHY!!! BE HAPPY!!!