Chocolate Hemp Milk

I just whipped up my first ever glass of hemp milk (some raw foodists call it mylk to differentiate from animal milk). Let me tell you--it is great!

After making it I took it to my sister for a taste. She was skeptical when I told her it was milk (she never liked cow's milk). After tasting it and smacking her lips (quite loudly, I might add), she said: "Don't scare me like that again! Just call it Mocha next time and... I will have a glassful, please!"

Since it was my first time using hemp to make milk I did not jot down all proportions, but I will next time. As for now, enjoy the image! I am including a list of ingredients I used, and proportions as I can remember or guess them.

Hemp Mocha
Ingredients
  • 1 cup hemp seeds
  • 2 cups water
  • 3-4 teaspoons raw cacao (or more, if you like)
  • sprinkle of Himalayan salt
  • 4-5 teaspoons agave syrup or honey (adjust to your taste)

Preparation
  • Blend hemp seeds and water in a high speed blender
  • Strain through a nut-milk bag or cloth
  • Pour back into the blender, add remaining ingredients and give it a light whirl until everything is well mixed.
  • If you don't drink it right away, store in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!