Dehydrator Adventures

Dreams do come true. This passed Friday I got one of mine in a huge box! My Excalibur Dehydrator was delivered and I could not wait to test it out!!! Yes, I am one of those crazy women that gets happier over a kitchen or a computer gadget than over a piece of jewelry. Whoever said that "Diamond is a Girl's Best Friend" must not have been in touch with reality. I actually don't own any diamonds outside of my gorgeous wedding ring. You can't excite or entice me with them either. Now, give me a kitchen gadget or a great photo lens or a new computer, and you are speaking my language.

Yesterday I finally got an opportunity to play with my new toy. First I made Veggie Enchiladas. They turned out pretty, although I found them to be a bit too sweet. If I ever make them again will have to adjust the recipe... or just invent my own :)

Then I made Cinnamon Raisin Crackers. They are delicious, although, even after dehydrating them for 2 hours more than I was supposed to they were not crunchy, and I don't think they will be, unless you dehydrate them for much longer. But they great nevertheless. I can see making ice cream sandwiches with them and some Banana or Cherry Ice Cream, although I would then spread batter a bit thicker and pre-shape it into circles.
So, today my breakfast was a combination of both.
I will be experimenting with the dehydrator much more to have enough recipes to teach an all RAW Cooking Class in the near future, as the number of raw food enthusiasts is growing in the Cowlitz County.

I am thankful to the folks at Excalibur for making such a great machine. It makes living an Unprocessed life not only easy, but fun.

Until next time, folks, EAT HEALTHY! BE HAPPY!