Vegan Treats

There is a major misconception among the general public that the vegan diet is somehow boring. It cannot be farther from the truth. Vegan diet can be exciting and very adventurous.

My regular readers/visitors to my blog already know my stand on vegan substitutes, such as veggie burgers, processed tofu, cream cheese, cheeses, etc. I am not a fan of them and believe that we can live completely without them. Unfortunately, when Demetrye and I changed to the vegan diet, we had gone through a phase of using such vegan substitutes, but only because we did not have anyone to teach us better. I believe that people that use such substitutes occasionally can get away with that, but there are also those who are "heavy" users. I believe that they, unfortunately, cannot fully benefit from a truly vegan diet, which ideally should consist of whole foods.

Now, this does not mean that vegans are banished to a life of eating salads, fruits and nuts only. Not at all. My diet is high raw, but once in a while I still make great baked desserts that do not involve any animal products at all. They come out to be even more delicious then their "animal" counterparts.

One of my favorite things to bake for my husband, who could eat sweets 24-7, is chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately for my readers I won't be sharing the recipe for this treat on my blog--this is one of those things that I keep private for a reason or two :) But I just wanted to show that the plant-based diet is not boring or blend. It can be super delicious and fun.
For this treat I ground my own flour and instead of using oils and butters used bananas and apple sauce. The cookies were super light and delicious.

To learn the tricks of transitioning from omnivorous lifestyle to a whole foods plant based diet, make sure to come out to one of my upcoming cooking classes, where I will be sharing tips on how to substitute animal products with plant foods and enjoy your meals more than ever AND gain a better health and a sense of well being.
Until next time: enjoy the benefits of living an UNPROCESSED life!