Daniel Fast, Day 5 Recap and Menu Planner

If you are following us on Daniel Fast, I hope your Day #5 of Daniel Fast went well.

I ended up feeling a bit drained last night so I lived off of leftovers and did not make what I wanted, but I have plans to catch up tomorrow! That is my commitment.

The food we had today was certainly delicious and nutritious.

We had energy packed green smoothies for breakfast. [Remember you can make them with fruit only, however greens add so much more your body can benefit from].

For lunch we had soup made with veggies, rice and beans. And for dinner we went all out! We had soup leftovers, whole wheat crackers with avocado dip, and whole wheat wraps with a delicious filling--check it out. [I know that these cell phone snaps do not look very scruptious but I was way too hungry and waiting to dig in to get out my camera and do it the right way.]

So, here are quick recipes.

Clementine Smoothie
Makes 3 servings

• 1 cup water
• 4 clementines, peeled
• 2 plums
• 4 cups spinach
• 4 strips dulse
• 2 tbs maca powder
• 2 tbs flax seeds

Potatoes and Bean Soup
(if you have precooked beans and brown rice this soup can be made in less than 30 minutes)

Ingredients
• 3.5 quarts water
• 1 large potato, peeled and sliced
• 1 small-medium sized carrot, shredded
• 1/2 onion, sliced
o 1/2 cups cooked beans
• 1/2 cup brown rice
• 3-4 tbs chopped dill
• Your favorite organic seasoning
• Sea or Himalayan Salt to taste
• 3-4 tbs olive oil

Preparation
• Start warming water while you are peeling and chopping potatoes
• Add salt and potatoes to water
• Bring to boil and reduce to medium or low-medium heat; cover
• Meanwhile, sauté onions and carrots in oil [you can also add 1/2 chopped bell pepper if you wish]; add seasoning while sautéing
• Once water and its contents had boiled for 10-15 minutes, add beans and rice to it [if you did not have precooked beans and rice, then cook beans first; when half way done, add rice and cook through, then add remaining ingredients that need to be boiled]
• Add sauted veggies to the pot and cook for another 5-10 minutes
• When done, garnish with dill and enjoy!

Whole Wheat Crackers
• It is quite simple, follow recipe from this post to make torilla bread, however add your favorite organic seasoning to the mix and 4 tbs of olive oil.
• Preheat the oven to 375 F
• After rolling out dough, place on a baking sheet and bake until bread becomes brittle and easily breakable. Some parts of bread will be golden brown while others will remain the same light brown color [color of flour you are using].
• When done, take out from the oven, cool off a little, then break into pieces of any size you like.

Whole Wheat Wraps
• Same dough, same concept, only this time bake dough until it is baked through yet remains pliable
• Take out of the oven and cover

Avocado Spread
• 2 avocados, mashed with a fork or a spoon
• Salt and seasoning to taste
• 1 tbs apple cider vinegar [optional]

You can dip into the spread with Whole Wheat Crackers, or spread on your Wrap before laying out other ingredients to make it creamier.

Wrap Filling/Salad

• 1 head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
• 2-3 Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
• 1-2 avocados, cubed [I later searately added 1/2 sliced avocado to my wrap]
• 3 tbs olive oil
• seasoning and salt to taste
• 1/2 cup chopped parsley

Mix all ingredients and fill your Whole Wheat Wrap with them.

Are you having a recipe overload? Well, my stomach had certainly enjoyed the whole meal!

Tomorrow we are planning to feast on energy filled green smoothies, lots of water; I will also be making falafels [I found this delectable recipe on a blog of a wonderfully talented lady Hannah] to have with salads, and whatever else comes our way.

For the next couple of days, here is the menu I propose for you, dear Daniel Fasters.

Saturday, Day 6 and Sunday, Day 7
Breakfast

Smoothie/Green Smoothie

Lunch

Choose from the list of Salads [pick the ones that are Fast Friendly]


Dinner

Choose from the list of Dinners, Salads and Main Dishes

Dessert

You can find some Fast Friendly Desserts here, if you are craving some, although I would suggest not to overindulge in sweets, albeit they come in the form of fruit.


Take the time tomorrow and Sunday to do all of your shopping and preparation for the week to come: precook some rice and other grains, beans; chop greens and veggies, and some fruit [which you can freeze], so you do not have to feel like you live in the kitchen.

I am hoping to take some time tomorrow to blog a menu for next week, so I hope you come back to check it.

And here is my ghetto take of me in my work-out getup (I work out at home). I normally do not indulge in posting pics of myself, however, I thought it is about time I reminded the world what I look like ;).


Now, onto things that are more beneficial.

While fasting, especially in the last couple of days, I personally felt that the Lord is already leading me to help resolve one of my most pressing needs and I am very grateful and MOST excited. I am once again reminded that He will withhold no good thing from us, when we ask, if we abide in Him.

In the next few days I am going to blog [hoping to blog] about the plan of action I resolved to take regarding further adjusting my Daniel Fast diet. It will be an interesting read, I promise you.

What about you? What are you facing during this fasting time? What are your victories?