Daniel Fast-Vegan Recipes, Day 3 Recap and Day 4

Day 3 was our “eating our leftovers” day, although I purposefully was making more than enough for the two days before that so our food would last us longer. Today, Day 4, will be no exception—leftovers and green smoothies.

So, for us it was: yams, borsch, and green smoothies. Today it will be: green smoothies, fruit, nuts, brown rice mixed with corn and beans.

For Dinner I am planning to make Falafels that I spotted on a blog I follow: BitterSweet Vegan Recipes. The author of the blog is quite a lady--whips up new amazing recipe accompanied by gorgeous images all the time. Thanks, Hannah! [By the way, Hannah has a book published, for those who love to indulge in some vegan dessert, and a few e-books you can find on her site. Although my overall guidelines are much more strict, I find a lot of inspiration on Hannah's blog.]

For now, here is a recipe to the smoothie I whipped up this morning. Enjoy!


Pear Green Smoothie
[nourishing recipe]
Makes 2-3 servings2 cups water
  • 1 large ripe pear
  • 4 plums
  • 4 cups beet greens [for protein, iron and chlorophyl, among other wonderful things]
  • 1/4 cup dulse [for iodine--great for thyroid health]
  • 3 tbs hemp seed [for your protein, Omega 3, 6, and 9]
  • 3 tbs maca poweder [iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and a whole lot of other great things along with a boost of energy]
Blend everything until smooth and enjoy it! It is pleasantly sweet.

Tonight, if I whip up something special, which I am planning to do, I will make sure to take some images so you can actually see what I am talking about [I love recipes with images myself]. So, until then, stay strong and...

LIVE AN UNPROCESSED LIFE!