Smoothies are Always Popular

Not all smoothies have to be made with greens! Sometimes, especially when you entertain, it is great to make cold fruit smoothies to quench hunger and indulge one's taste buds.

Three of my teenage nephews are visiting this weekend. We were sitting down for dinner when one of them asked: "Aunt Elena, do you have fruit?" It was so cute, because there was sitting a basket of fruit right in front of him, but he was working his way to something different. "Well, yes, I do," I replied. "Do you still have your blender?" "Oh, but of course, dear." I replied again. "Well," he said almost sheepishly, "can we make smoothies then... after dinner." And smoothies did we make!

So this movie is named in honor of my nephew.

Yanis' Fruit Smoothie
Ingredients
  • 2 cups water
  • 4 bananas
  • 4 frozen plumbs
  • 1 ripe pear
  • 2T honey, only if there is not enough sweetness
Blend all ingredients until smooth. If you desire extra thickness, add frozen fruit at the end or add 1 cups of ice at the end.

When the three of them and my hubby got done with the first round, Maxim, my other nephew, wanted MORE, but with less bananas [different people, different tastes]. So we made up another one.

Maxim's Fruit Smoothie
  • 1C water
  • 1 banana
  • 2C raspberries
Blend until raspberry seeds disintegrate, add
  • 1 pear
  • 4 frozen plums
  • 1T honey, if needed
Believe it or not, the second blender-full of the second smoothie is already gone, and now my handsome men are enjoying a movie: "Inkheart".

Have a good night, everyone, and a good week!