Starting Strong: Raw Cucumber and Green Pea Soup

Last night my husband and I spent time with family, meeting the brand spanking new year 2010! We had a lot of delicious vegan food--my niece Anna is an amazing cook. I was responsible for dessert, so I made two of my famous apple pies [secret recipe ;)].

Since we stayed up late we indulged ourselves in a couple of extra hours of sleep this morning. Then Demetrye was off to watch the Buckeye game and I did an hour and a half of Power Yoga/Pilates with one of my nieces. The workout was AMAZING! Once I get myself a little digital camcorder [I have been dreaming of getting either Flip Ultra HD or Canon Powershot SD780IS--let me know if you have had experience with either], I will be able to record some of the awesome moves we do and post the on the blog.

After the workout I decided to power up my physical battery, so I whipped up a delicious raw soup. It was so good that I could not help myself but snap a shot of it and share it with you, so you can start your New Year on a strong foot too.

So, here is my new delicious

Cucumber and Green Pea Raw Soup

Ingredients
`1C water
`1/2C cashews
`1C green peas
`1 large cucumber [you can peel it if you wish]
`1 clove of garlic
`2-3 stems [with leaves] cilantro
`Sea salt to taste
`1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
`1/2 ripe medium size tomato, diced

Preparation

  • Place all ingredients, except for tomato and avocado in a blender, such as Vita-Mix, and blend on high speed until creamy smooth consistency has been achieved
  • Pour soup into a deep bowl and garnish with diced tomato and avocado

I enjoyed my soup with a slice of freshly made whole wheat bread.

Now I am off to enjoy a movie [Inkheart], and my time alone.

Have a Happy New Year! Let me know how you started yours.