Raw Chocolate Hemp Milk-Vegan Recipe

Delicious food was on my radar today. I craved CARBS and to satisfy them I whipped up a glass of Raw Chocolate Hemp Milk... but that's in a moment. Before I get there, I will tell you all about my lunch... just because I want to ;).

My knight-in-shining-armor picked me up for lunch and I had overall only 30 minutes to whip something up. It had to be something very quick and easy, and totally vegan, of course. Green Salad was a must, since I have been craving greens lately. But what else? Luckily I had a couple of huge potatoes, peeled and ready to go. So, while I chopped greens, I fired up the stove and got potatoes to cooking.

Green Salad
It was super simple: green leafy lettuce, 4 stems of celery, chopped, 1C of chopped parsley.

For dressing I combined 2T balsamic vinegar, 2T extra virgin olive oil and 3T sesame seeds.

Toss everything together and voila--salad served. If you so desire you can add your favorite spice [I added Kirkland Organic Mix], and a tad of salt.

Potatoes
While my 2 extra large potatoes [chopped] where boiling with a tad of Himalayan salt, I sauteed 1/2 chopped onion in 2-3T extra virgin olive oil.

When potatoes were done, I had mine one-and-only mash them up in a little bit of boiling water [I did not strain potatoes completely], then we poured sauteed onions over potatoes and our lunch was ready!

Simple and simply delicious!

Now I am going to get to that Raw Chocolate Hemp Milk I mentioned.

When I got home from work I was craving carbs and could not seem to find a way to satisfy myself. After cleaning the kitchen a brilliant idea hit my taste buds. As much as I wanted to stay away from bread today, I was craving a slice of home-made toasted bread with a dash of salt on it and something creamy and sweet to contrast it. So... Raw Chocolate Hemp Milk was born.

Raw Chocolate Hemp Milk
Ingredients
  • 1/3C raw whole hemp seeds
  • 1 1/4C warm water [you can use cold water if you wish]
  • 2 tsp raw honey
  • dash of salt to balance out the sweetness
  • 1 heaping tsp raw cacao
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend for 45-60 sec. If you wish you can strain hemp milk through a nut bag or a piece of cheese cloth, but I did not mind having everything left in my milk--after a minute in the Vita-Mix the seeds get pretty disintegrated and only added to the richness of the milk.

I had not one, but TWO servings of this deliciousness! Maybe one too many, but at least my craving was satisfied.

I toasted my home-made wheat bread on a heated skillet, having spread a tad of olive oil on both sides and salted it with Himalayan Salt. All I can say is YUM!

Hope you can satisfy your cravings with some awesome vegan food as well, when they come, so there is no sense of guilt, as you would have it after a pint of Ben and Jerry's ;).

Have a good night!

This recipe is linked to in Hemp Milk on Foodista